What is SSRS?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industriesThe SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Service) platform from Microsoft allows users to create, share, deploy and manage reports for their business. The server-based system offers customization functions and lets users prepare and deliver various types of documents, both printed and interactive.
This software can connect to SQL databases and utilize the Microsoft Visual Studio interface to explore and prepare data. It allows non-technical users access to report building and data exploration techniques that improve data literacy.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use SSRS?
Key differentiators & advantages of SSRS
- Reports On Demand: Users can create, publish, share and schedule reports to get instantaneous information and insights into crucial business data.
- Alerts: To stay up-to-date on vital business happenings, users can set automated alerts on reports published to the SharePoint site. Then they will receive emails in real time when data changes on specified reports.
- Various Access Points: Users can use the Report Server directly from the web, or they can use the Report Manager, an app that integrates with the Report Server. This can be done from a range of different devices, including mobile.
- Role-Based Access: Because access to the system is dependent upon the role of the user, admins can set restrictions based on position within the company and prevent security leaks of sensitive proprietary data.
- Built By and For Developers: This system integrates smoothly with a range of developer tools like Visual Studio and ADO.Net, making it ideal for developers.
- Well-Supported: As a Microsoft product, this system is very well supported by a huge community of users, support teams, customer service agents and more.
Industry ExpertiseAs a product of Microsoft, SQL Server Reporting Service is used by a vast range of industries. As a more cost-effective and slim platform than a full BI solution, this system was launched in 2004 and has offered another solution from Microsoft for a range of different businesses than the company’s other option, Power BI.
- Rich Reports: Users can create tabular, graphical, interactive or free-form reports from a range of data types, which the solution displays in rich visualizations.
- Data Types: This system can incorporate a variety of data types, including multidimensional, relational or XML-based.
- Viewing Format: The solution offers viewing formats for previews, a range of export formats and a variety of options for publishing reports. Users can access these previews from either a web browser, the SharePoint site or through the associated Microsoft application.
- Drag-and-Drop UI: Instead of being code-based, this solution lets users drag and drop graphics and icons into the report format.
- Ad-Hoc Reports: Users can generate on-the-fly reports to answer specific business questions by inputting their query.
- Automated Reports: The solution allows scheduled reports to be automatically delivered to specified users. This makes sharing those repetitive reports a breeze.
SSRS Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Users cannot email support directly. To receive support, users should use the ticket options found on the tech support page.
phonePhone: Users can call Microsoft customer service at large at 1 (800) 642-7676.
schoolTraining: Microsoft has an incredibly robust learning center that offers demos, tutorials, documents, videos and more on every subject a user could want. These are free and accessible to subscribers and non-subscribers alike.
local_offerTickets: To submit a ticket, users must sign into their Microsoft account. They will then be prompted to search the vast knowledge base for their query. If no solution can be found, users can submit a ticket to tech support.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 870 reviews: