What is JasperReports?
Industry Specialties: Serves a multitude of industries
JasperReports blends data from multiple sources and organizes it into easy-to-interpret visualizations. Users can glean insights from these interactive reports and share them with other members of the organization.
It is an embeddable, open-source java-enabled solution that helps users generate dynamic content in a variety of formats. TIBCO acquired the platform in 2014.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use JasperReports?
Key differentiators & advantages of JasperReports
- Fast, Easy Insights: Users can generate reports quickly and easily from a variety of platforms, datasources and applications. These reports are offered in the form of visualizations, allowing users to draw insights from the graphics much quicker and more easily than from raw numerical data.
- Make Better Business Decisions: By collecting and analyzing proprietary data, users can make more informed, data-driven business decisions to improve their operations and forecasting.
- Simple Installation: The implementation process for this tool is much smoother than many comparable solutions. The installer bundles everything users need into a single package, making DIY installation a snap.
- Smooth Upgrades: Similar to installation, upgrades are smooth and hassle-free. The whole reporting repository can be exported and imported as-is into the newer version relatively simply, making this system ideal for users without a robust IT department.
- Integrate Data Sources: Odds are, you don’t get data from only a single source. This solution offers powerful data integration capabilities, allowing users to build their own data warehouse and use extract, transform, load (ETL) actions as well as move data between sources or to a single combined source.
Industry ExpertiseJasperSoft has customers in aerospace, defense, education, financial services, government, healthcare, hospitality, insurance, manufacturing, media, metals/mining, non-profit, retail, software, telecommunications, transportation, utilities and more.
- Flexible Design: Modular, scalable, standards-based design offers flexibility in deployment and usability.
- Embeddable Interactive Viewer: Users can integrate interactive reports with web applications or embed them in emails for quick, easy shareability.
- Interactive Report Viewer: Lets users make changes to tables and charts including sorting, conditional formatting, filtering, moving or hiding columns, zooming, string search and other format changes. These can be saved for future use to improve efficiency.
- Report Snapshots: Enable rapid response time for sharing visualizations. Reduces query impact on underlying source systems. Big Data: Can connect with large data set sources like Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
- Multiple Export Formats: Users can export reports in a convenient variety of formats including PDF, XLS, HTML, CSV and XML files.
JasperSoft Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Users cannot email TIBCO support directly. They can submit a contact form through the support page or utilize the phone or portal support options.
phonePhone: Users can contact phone support at the following numbers: The Americas: +1 877 958 4226. EMEA: +44 (0) 870 909 3898. APAC: +61 2 4379 9333.
schoolTraining: Users can access a range of training materials from the TIBCO training center. These include self-paced online training courses, instructor-led training, live online training, third-party courses and more. Users can view the course calendar at the training homepage.
local_offerTickets: Before submitting a case, users are encouraged to search the extensive knowledge base to ensure their problem has not already been resolved in forums, articles or video demos. If the problem persists, users can create a case. They will be asked to assign a severity level to the problem, which determines how quickly support will get back to them. The support portal walks users through the process. In the event of an urgent issue where the product is unresponsive or inoperable, support recommends a followup call after submitting a ticket to the technical assistance center.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 353 reviews: