What is BIRT?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries.This open-source reporting tool from OpenText offers data exploration, visualization and collaboration. It can embed into a range of both web and client applications, and it works especially well with Java and Java EE-based solutions.
It aims to meet users’ business intelligence needs by facilitating report creation. The charting engine lets users embed fully-integrated reports and charts into the report designer or into other applications.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use BIRT?
Key differentiators & advantages of BIRT
- Open Source: Because it is an open-source solution, users can access its code directly. This opens up a range of possibilities for customization and embeddability that are often expensive or not possible with other software.
- Data Blending: With this platform, users can incorporate data from a wide range of sources into a single source. This helps them gain an overall view of their business data and can help uncover trends that would not be apparent from a single datasource.
- Report Creation: The solution doesn’t just store data; it also explores it. It offers users an organized, sorted, filtered or grouped summary of the data based on users’ specifications to uncover insights and patterns.
- Presentation: Once users have generated a report, they can prepare it for presentation with a selection of visualization options. They can insert tables, charts, explanatory text and more to make it easily interpreted by outside users.
- Shareability: Users can email reports directly to other people or embed them into other applications. This can include any client rich application or web application that allows embedded code such as a business website, software application, the Microsoft Suite, etc.
Industry ExpertiseBIRT supports a range of industries with its open reporting technology but is especially utilized in the tech industry.
- Lists: Users can create these simple data lists to present data in a methodical fashion. The grouping feature organizes related data together in the list for easier interpretation. Numerical data is easy to add, average or summarize in this feature.
- Crosstabs: The solution presents data in two dimensions (sales or hits) with the cross-tabulation or matrix feature.
- Charts: This system makes numerical data much easier to interpret by organizing it into charts. Users can select pie charts, line and bar graphs, scattergrams and many more.
- Letters and Documents: Users can create a range of textual documents as well. These can include text, formatted lists, charts and more.
- Compound Reports: This tool also offers a combining feature that lets users combine multiple report types into a single document. This builds on the letters and documents feature by creating a cohesive end-to-end presentation of the needed data.
- Multiple Datasources: The system can access and blend data from a range of sources including POJOs, JDO datastores, SQL Databases, JFire scripting objects, XML and web services.
BIRT Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail:Email: Users cannot email support directly.
phonePhone:Phone: Users cannot call technical support directly.
schoolTraining:Training: OpenText offers a range of training resources including webinars, videos, documents and classes. The classes are set on a schedule and can be viewed at the “Course Calendar” tab of the OpenText website. Most are web-based and come with a fee, but some are free or included with a subscription.
local_offerTickets: Tickets: To submit a ticket, visit the OpenText Support portal and log in. The support portal also offers community forums, videos, documents and other help resources that can be helpful to users seeking answers.