What is Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Stay Safe: With Symantec Endpoint software, users can protect valuable digital assets from malicious actors, whether it’s on or offline.
- Be Proactive About Threats: The product blocks zero-day attacks by defending against common memory vulnerabilities.
- Save Money: Hackers, breaches, viruses and malware can cost businesses thousands of dollars each year. By deploying endpoint software, users can protect their enterprise — and their bottom line.
- Delivered by the Cloud: Symantec Endpoint Protection 15, the latest version of the software, is delivered via the cloud, providing a multi-layered defense, simple management, AI-assisted policy changes and powerful updates.
- Kill Complexity: The product is a single endpoint protection suite that covers deception, hardening, detection and response with built-in integration.
- Anti-Malware: This software has proactive anti-malware features that actively monitor and scan for malicious software on the device. Symantec checks against a database of known software to defend against threats.
- Beat Ransomware: Uses a combination of signatures and critical endpoint technologies to detect and defend against ransomware, which can cripple an organization.
- Machine Learning: A machine learning database using Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network, identifies threats automatically and learns from attackers. The Global Intelligence Network is the largest civilian threat database in the world.
- SEP Deception Suite: This software comes equipped with additional deception software. It bates and lures attackers with false vulnerabilities, coaxes them into revealing their attack methodology, and then automatically adjusts user’s actual infrastructure to defend against it.
- Multi-layered Defense: A multi-layered defense suite is included with the software, and can be tuned to work on the fly.
- Simplified Rollout and Management: On-premise or in the cloud, group policies and network-wide updates are simplified, reducing update fatigue.
- Platform Agnostic: Run on Mac, PC and Linux. The software is a good fit for small or medium-sized businesses looking for comprehensive protection.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Suite Support
Symantec Endpoint Protection Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Symantec Endpoint Protection provides multi-layered defense and AI-assisted policy updates in its latest version delivered through the cloud. It is a user-friendly solution that provides regular updates and scanning. However, users note that constant scanning can slow down the performance of devices. Many reviewers have noted that it can be annoying with false positives and blocked sources. It is best suited for small to medium-sized organizations; if you have a large organization that regularly faces advanced threats, then this might not be an appropriate product.
Based on 2042 reviews: