What is Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Symantec Endpoint Protection was built to protect users and enterprises from malicious actors and harmful software. It’s ideal for small or medium-sized businesses.
This system comes with a standard set of protection features, as well as several non-standard, unique capabilities that help this product to stand out from its competitors. Features include intrusion prevention, firewall and anti-malware features.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Symantec Endpoint Protection?
Key differentiators & advantages of Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Stay Safe: With Symantec Endpoint software, users can protect valuable digital assets from malicious actors, whether it’s on or offline.
- Be Proactive About Threats: The product blocks zero-day attacks by defending against common memory vulnerabilities.
- Save Money: Hackers, breaches, viruses and malware can cost businesses thousands of dollars each year. By deploying endpoint software, users can protect their enterprise — and their bottom line.
- Delivered by the Cloud: Symantec Endpoint Protection 15, the latest version of the software, is delivered via the cloud, providing a multi-layered defense, simple management, AI-assisted policy changes and powerful updates.
- Kill Complexity: The product is a single endpoint protection suite that covers deception, hardening, detection and response with built-in integration.
Symantec serves a variety of customers across the business spectrum. Some of their major customers include Kakudai, SGN, CARAVEL, Hyundai, Swinton Insurance, AIG, The Economist, Adventist Health System, the University of Oxford and more.
- Anti-Malware: This software has proactive anti-malware features that actively monitor and scan for malicious software on the device. Symantec checks against a database of known software to defend against threats.
- Beat Ransomware: Uses a combination of signatures and critical endpoint technologies to detect and defend against ransomware, which can cripple an organization.
- Machine Learning: A machine learning database using Symantec’s Global Intelligence Network, identifies threats automatically and learns from attackers. The Global Intelligence Network is the largest civilian threat database in the world.
- SEP Deception Suite: This software comes equipped with additional deception software. It bates and lures attackers with false vulnerabilities, coaxes them into revealing their attack methodology, and then automatically adjusts user’s actual infrastructure to defend against it.
- Multi-layered Defense: A multi-layered defense suite is included with the software, and can be tuned to work on the fly.
- Simplified Rollout and Management: On-premise or in the cloud, group policies and network-wide updates are simplified, reducing update fatigue.
- Platform Agnostic: Run on Mac, PC and Linux. The software is a good fit for small or medium-sized businesses looking for comprehensive protection.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Suite Support
Symantec offers a number of support options to its customers. Phone, chat, training and case-by-case issues are all supported by Symantec. The company also offers a community support portal, as well as multiple in-person support centers.
mail_outlineEmail: Symantec does not offer any email support at this time.
phonePhone: Users can contact Symantec by calling 1-800-342-0652. English language support is available 24/7. Other languages receive support from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. CET.
schoolTraining: The company offers training resources and educational services to its clients through a number of mediums. They offer training, an e-library, certification programs and security awareness services. Certification exams carry a $250 fee.
local_offerTickets: Using their My Symantec account, users can access their licensing information and create technical/non-technical causes. A community support option is also available.