What is Palo Alto Traps?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Palo Alto Traps
- Advanced Protection: Protects devices from unknown exploits and morphed malware through online and offline prevention measures. Proactive scanning discovers and removes latent threats. Security teams can mitigate infections and minimize attacks moving into the data center through early attack prevention in the threat lifecycle.
- Streamline Operations: Tamper-proofing methods are employed by agents to prevent malicious codes and users from manipulating agent configurations or disabling protection. Its lightweight structure, low CPU utilization and I/O ensure minimal disruption, making it suitable for virtual desktops and critical infrastructures, cloud environments and mobile workforces.
- Mitigate Real-World Threats: Block sophisticated, targeted, real-world threats like ransomware without prior threat knowledge. Minimized infections reduce the time spent by security teams on potential infection analysis and endpoint reimaging.
- Eliminate Security Silos: Delivers higher value through integrated security operating platform. The next-generation firewall provides automatic protection to endpoints against newly detected malware and threats. Provides coordinated enforcement and improves security posture to protect devices and security networks against zero-day attacks.
- Simplify Security Management: Manage policies and events through cloud-based management services and an intuitive interface. Rule-based security policies shield endpoints out of the box and enable granular customization for sensitive departments. Event workflows can determine high-priority events and help teams communicate about status, progress and related information.
- WildFire Inspection and Analysis: WildFire discovers and analyses unknown files to detect potential malware and enable evasion-resistant discovery. Detect known threats through sample characteristics analysis before execution with static analysis methods. Dynamic analysis or sandboxing identifies real-world behavior and effects. Advanced threats exhibiting highly evasive characteristics can be determined through bare metal analysis.
- Behavior-Based Protection: Identify and act on malicious events that target various operations on endpoints through behavioral threat protection. Fine-grained, out of the box controls prevent fileless, script-based attacks. Stops ransomware activity before data loss to protect against encryption-based behavior of ransomware.
- Block Fileless Threats: Protect unsupported legacy systems, shadow IT, unpatched systems and zero-day exploits by preventing the use of tools or techniques used by exploit-based attacks to manipulate software vulnerability. Exploit prevention is delivered through multiple methods, including pre-exploit, technique-based and kernel exploit prevention.
- Respond with Cortex XDR: Detect highly evasive attacks through Cortex XDR, which combines endpoints, cloud-data and rich networks. Provides in-depth information on the attack, speeding up alert triage and enabling quick threat containment. The remediation process offers multiple options to administrators that include process termination, endpoint isolation, quarantining malicious files or blocking additional executions.
- Integration with Cortex Data Lake: Cortex Data Lake stores incident and event data, for quick transfers to Cortex XDR for analysis, investigation and incident response. Applies knowledge gained by detecting and mitigating threats to improve the security network regularly.
- Platform Support: Supports multiple endpoint types, including servers, desktops, virtual machines, cloud workloads, industrial control systems and virtual desktop infrastructure components. Security rules can be applied across a mixed environment from a single screen to protect against basic and advanced threats. Manage default and custom policies across Android, Windows, macOS and Linux devices.
- Falsely identifies files as malicious sometimes.
- Moving to an encryption-based connection can be troublesome.
- Reports and dashboards can’t be customized.
- Proxy-based architecture is not supported.
Palo Alto Traps Suite Support
Palo Alto Traps Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Palo Alto Traps provides its users with cloud-based endpoint security services that protect against malware, exploits and ransomware. It is based on a combination of machine learning and artificial intelligence that replaces traditional antivirus with multi-method prevention.
* Apr 29, 2019 review derived from source on May 23, 2020
** Apr 27, 2019 review derived from source on May 23, 2020
*** Mar 27, 2019 review derived from source on May 23, 2020
**** Jan 08, 2019 review derived from source on May 23, 2020
Based on 42 reviews: