What is Microsoft System Center?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Microsoft System Center, originally Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection, is software that helps IT managers oversee their network and infrastructure, protect against threats, secure data and more.
It brings a bevy of features that help it stand out from its competitors, such as hybrid deployment, hyper-converged infrastructure and HTML5 dashboards.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Microsoft System Center?
Key differentiators & advantages of Microsoft System Center
- Easy Deployment: Built to be scalable across multiple different platforms, the software can deploy in just a few simple steps. Deployment can
be expandedby utilizingMicrosoft’s Azure in conjunctionwith the product.
- Reduced Complexity: Endpoint protection software reduces complexity in
user’s systems by handling a number ofdifferent tasks in one singleapplication.
- Gain Visibility Into Network Resources: The product monitors network traffic and resource usage, giving users flexibility and insight into their infrastructure requirements.
- Stay Safe: Endpoint protection can help mitigate threats and malicious agents who seek to gain access to a user’s network or systems.
Microsoft, an industry veteran, serves a variety of customers across the IT,
transportation and manufacturing space with System Center. Customers include Exxonmobil, Crane, Airbus, T-Mobile, Hitachi and more.
- Hybrid Deployment: The solution offers multiple deployment solutions, including cloud, on-premise and hybrid.
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: A major trend in the industry, the software virtualizes all the major components of a hardware-defined system.
- HTML5 Dashboards: HTML5 dashboards and drill-down/up features allow users to simplify their layouts and monitoring consoles.
- Data Protection Manager: DPM features can provide better backups in an optimized amount of time, with less storage required. This technique can provide a 75% increase in speed.
- Multi-System Support: Users can monitor multiple systems, including Linux, open systems, VM-ware and hyper-v.
- Enhanced Performance: The software’s system requirements are lower compared to its competitors, and its interface has been simplified for one-click actions.
- Automated Workflows: Automation features let users tackle major workflows with a single click.
Microsoft System Center Suite Support
Microsoft offers well-documented support for System Center, on top of additional resources like ticketing, training and professional forums. Their services are divided up into six support plans. Most business users will want to subscribe to Microsoft Unified, which offers unlimited support for their products. Other viable options include professional support, which is pay-per-incident.
mail_outlineEmail: Email support for this product is not available from Microsoft at this time.
phonePhone: Phone support is not available for this product from Microsoft at this time. Instead, users are encouraged to take advantage of the company’s vast resource library and professional forums.
schoolTraining: Self-guided training courses are free from Microsoft. Certification courses can either take the form of on-demand training or classroom training. There is also a library of documentation, videos and white papers available from Microsoft.
local_offerTickets: Businesses and IT managers should visit Microsoft’s “Support for business” page to create a support request. Any level of Microsoft support can create a ticket request. Turnaround time is unknown.