What is eClinicalWorks?
Industry Specialties: Medical
Like similar software, eClinicalWorks offers medical charting and documentation to eliminate the need for hand-written documentation. Healthcare organizations are using eClinicalWorks to increase their revenue as well as their quality of treatment and service.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of eClinicalWorks
- Fewer Errors: The manual entry and reentry of data is prone to mistakes, not to mention handwriting and legibility issues that often occur. Documenting electronically rather than on paper eliminates the worry for any handwritten errors, assuring data is correct (as long as it is entered correctly, that is).
- More Accurate Treatment: By reducing human error and incorrect data, practices have a much higher likelihood of providing successful treatment the first time around. EClinicalWorks EHR can recognize health patterns and suggest a diagnosis as well as provide analytics to see how your facility stacks up against others.
- Increased Productivity and Efficiency: Using eClinicalWorks EHR allows practitioners to spend less time charting and documenting patient information and focus more on providing quality patient care. By reducing the amount of errors and providing more accurate treatment, it’s natural to see your traffic increase and, in turn, your revenue should follow suit.
- More Patient Involvement: With self-service modules for patients, such as appointment scheduling and online doctor-patient visits, patients are encouraged to have more involvement throughout their treatment process. Patients can view their progress notes and lab results in addition to communicating with their practitioner(s) online.
- Security of Information: Storing medical information to eClinicalWorks’ cloud-based server allows you to repurpose space being used to store physical documents while assuring the safety and security of sensitive patient data.
- 24/7 Support: Unlike many other EHR vendors, eClinicalWorks includes 24/7 customer support with no start-up cost.
With roughly 5,000 employees, eClinicalWorks serves over 130,000 physicians across the US and over 850,000 medical professionals worldwide. While serving over 50 different types of specialties, this EHR is suitable for ambulatory practices, urgent care facilities and other medium- to large-sized health centers.
- Virtual Assistant: “Eva,” eClinicalWorks EHR’s virtual assistant, allows providers to view a patient’s progress notes, flowsheet or account balance. The virtual assistant can also review patient history, compare notes side-by-side and book appointments in addition to offering educational videos and other helpful resources.
- Telemedicine: eClinicalWorks telemedicine solution allows patients to schedule online appointments with their clinicians from home or in the office. Providers and patients can consult with medical experts around the world using the healow Virtual Room.
- Scheduling: The scheduling tool allows users to add new patients, look up existing patients, search appointments and manage scheduling requests. Users can also manage the scheduling of resources and specialty equipment for clinicians like doctors, nurses and other providers.
- Device Integration: eClinicalWorks integrates with devices like ECG, EEG, etc. within the web browser. The data collected is structured to capture current and past results, complete trend analysis and create flowsheets.
- Hospital Interoperability: This involves data being shared between multiple clinics or a hospital’s different departments. This particular EHR allows communication with any radiology vendor or RIS system which supports HL7 messaging. Comparing and analyzing this data leads to greater population health.
- Revenue Cycle Management: When it comes to billing, hundreds of features for RCM are available through eClinicalWorks, including credentials, insurance verification and analytics.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Additional fee is charged for integrated practice management module
- 5-year-minimum commitment required
- Doesn't provide timely upgrades for certain features like patient portal
- Doesn't provide a native application for processing payments
- Doesn't provide e-fax functionality (partnership with Dialogic)
eClinicalWorks EHR Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for eClinicalWorks EHR
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
The core functionality of eClinicalWorks is suitable for most medical practices and comes at a fair price. However, many users felt that they were oversold on the product by the sales team. Many users complained of difficulty using the features they needed, and felt that the system interface made it difficult to navigate. Users reported issues with system bugs and were unable to receive sufficient support from the support team to rectify the issues they experienced, despite access to 24/7 support. Some users noted that customer support is outsourced and complained that a language barrier made it difficult to communicate. Ultimately, eClinicalWorks is best suited for small practices with basic EHR needs, though it may take users a few days to learn the system.
Based on 448 reviews: