What is WhenToWork?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
WhenToWork enables employees to set their own work preferences to help guide managers when filling open shifts and building weekly schedules. Once shifts are filled, managers can publish the schedule and push shift assignment notifications to employees for them to confirm.
Housed in the cloud, employees and managers have access to a variety of features directly through the mobile app. This makes it easy for employees to swap shifts and managers to find coverage for open shifts. Automated alerts ensure employees know of schedule changes as soon as they happen to decrease missed shifts.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use WhenToWork?
Key differentiators & advantages of WhenToWork
- Decrease Missed Shifts: Schedule change alerts and employee self-service functionality gives employees 24/7 access to the schedule. This guarantees that they’re always aware of what shifts they’re scheduled for and able to to find coverage for shifts they can no longer work.
- Improve Communication: Send email and text notifications directly through the system to keep everyone up to date about scheduling changes. Employees can pick up, swap and find coverage for shifts they cannot work directly through the system. This keeps all schedule related communication centralized.
- Mobile: The cloud-based system can be accessed from any internet-connected device. WhenToWork also offers mobile apps compatible with Android and iPhone.
- Synchronized: In addition to the mobile app, the web app runs on all devices, including Windows and Blackberry devices. This allows users to sync the system with common applications such as Google Calendar.
Founded in 2000, WhenToWork Inc. is based in California and provides employee scheduling solutions to businesses of all sizes, across all industries.
- Scheduling: Utilize the drag-and-drop interface to import templates and create schedules. Users can view schedules in a variety of formats including graphs, calendars, lists and charts.
- Employee Self-Service: Employees can find coverage for shifts they are unable to work with the Employee Tradeboard. This feature allows employees to trade or pick up additional shifts at their convenience. Additionally, employees can set preferences for which shifts they like to work, giving managers insight into which employees are most likely to pick up open shifts at specific times.
- Alerts: Send schedule reminders and alerts at any time, or allow the system to send alerts automatically whenever a change is made. Managers are also able to send urgent text alerts directly to employees from the mobile app.
- Employee Management: Set permissions to control what employees are able to see and what features they are able to use. Track employee time-off requests and allow them to set their preferences while monitoring which employees have seen and confirmed their schedules.
WhenToWork Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Both subscribers and trial-basis users can contact support via email. A support expert typically replies to support queries within minutes.
phonePhone: Phone support is not available.
schoolTraining: WhenToWork does not provide training materials.
local_offerTickets: Users cannot submit tickets for support.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 189 reviews: