What is When I Work?
Industry Specialties: Serves a variety of industries, especially those with hourly employees
When I Work is designed to meet the needs of businesses of all sizes, and offers specialized solutions for businesses in a variety of industries. Provides a variety of tools, including templates and a user-friendly interface, which help to automate and streamline core schedule-based tasks.
This web-based solution can automatically notify employees when schedules are available and enables them to interact with the schedule directly from their mobile device. The solution can also help improve communication, reduce missed shifts and track attendance in order to help foster business growth.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use When I Work?
Key differentiators & advantages of When I Work
- Reduce Absences: By sharing the schedule and notifying employees when it’s published, you can reduce missed shifts by as much as 25%.
- Save Time: Utilizing the scheduling templates enables managers to build schedules faster. Some When I Work users spend as little as 15 minutes building schedules each week.
- Convenience: Mobile capabilities allow managers and employees to access and adjust the schedule from any internet-connected device.
- User-Friendly: The system’s interface is easy-to-use, and users can learn the ins and outs of the system quickly. When I Work offers additional support and training to help users learn how to navigate the system and how various features function.
- Improve Communication: The solution offers a variety of tools, including direct messaging, that enable team members to communicate with each other directly about scheduling changes and open shifts.
When I Work supports more than six million users worldwide. The system offers solutions specific to a variety of industries. This includes a variety of business types such as restaurants, retail, professional, entertainment, healthcare, technology, educational, hospitality, emergency services, franchise and nonprofit businesses.
- Schedule Building: The web-based system allows users to make schedules on any internet-connected device. When I Work provides users with a variety of schedule templates to help facilitate schedule creation.
- Mobile App: Employees can access the schedule at any time through the mobile app. The system can also send notifications directly to available employees. Employees can then fill the shift instantly through the mobile application.
- Multiple View Options: The scheduling dashboard provides a variety of different viewing options. Users can view the entire schedule or filter by elements such as position or location.
- Time-Off Management: Managers can track and approve time-off requests directly through the platform. Employees are also able to update their availability through the solution, enabling the product to automatically update future schedules.
- Messaging: When I Work provides a variety of communication tools, including bulk texting, that enables users to send real-time messages to other team members. The solution also offers manager-to-manager and email communication tools.
- Self-Scheduling: Employees can receive alerts and pick-up open shifts directly through the system, enabling the solution to automatically update the schedule once a slot is filled. Employees can also request to swap shifts with co-workers directly through the platform.
- Payroll Tracking: WHen I Work can provide managers with detailed budget information, personnel tracking functionality and the ability to forecast payroll and overtime expenses.
- Calendar Sync: In addition to viewing schedules online, When I Work can sync with other online calendar apps, including Google Calendar, Outlook and iCal.
Some of the limitations of When I Work include limited users for some pricing plans and limited editing capabilities. Before making a final decision in regards to a scheduling solution, consider the limitations listed below. Some of the product limitations include:
- The lowest pricing plan covers a single location and only allows a maximum of five users.
- The pricing structure requires modification at the base level with additional features and more users.
- The solution offers a limited number of reports for employee scheduling and tracking purposes.
- It doesn’t allow users to edit employees on a batch or global level.
- When I Work doesn't integrate with other internal apps such as Zenefits and Greenhouse.
The vendor’s support center can assist with uploading schedules for new clients, creating schedule templates and adding new employees to the system. The vendor also offers additional support to users, including phone, email and chat support. Specific information on the available support is listed below.
mail_outlineEmail: Users can access When I Work’s support experts via live chat seven days a week. Support experts are available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT, as well as Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT.
schoolTraining: When I Work offers webinar training, which users can register for when they set up their account. The vendor also provides a variety of training videos to users that facilitate self-learning.
local_offerTickets: Users can submit tickets directly through the When I Work support center or through the app itself. Support experts are available to respond to these tickets Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CT, and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT.
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
When I Work Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 1060 reviews: