What is When I Work?
Industry Specialties: Serves a variety of industries, especially those with hourly employees
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of When I Work
- Reduce Absences: By sharing the schedule and notifying employees when it’s published, you can reduce missed shifts by as much as 25%.
- Save Time: Utilizing the scheduling templates enables managers to build schedules faster. Some When I Work users spend as little as 15 minutes building schedules each week.
- Convenience: Mobile capabilities allow managers and employees to access and adjust the schedule from any internet-connected device.
- User-Friendly: The system’s interface is easy-to-use, and users can learn the ins and outs of the system quickly. When I Work offers additional support and training to help users learn how to navigate the system and how various features function.
- Improve Communication: The solution offers a variety of tools, including direct messaging, that enable team members to communicate with each other directly about scheduling changes and open shifts.
When I Work supports more than six million users worldwide. The system offers solutions specific to a variety of industries. This includes a variety of business types such as restaurants, retail, professional, entertainment, healthcare, technology, educational, hospitality, emergency services, franchise and nonprofit businesses.
- Schedule Building: The web-based system allows users to make schedules on any internet-connected device. When I Work provides users with a variety of schedule templates to help facilitate schedule creation.
- Mobile App: Employees can access the schedule at any time through the mobile app. The system can also send notifications directly to available employees. Employees can then fill the shift instantly through the mobile application.
- Multiple View Options: The scheduling dashboard provides a variety of different viewing options. Users can view the entire schedule or filter by elements such as position or location.
- Time-Off Management: Managers can track and approve time-off requests directly through the platform. Employees are also able to update their availability through the solution, enabling the product to automatically update future schedules.
- Messaging: When I Work provides a variety of communication tools, including bulk texting, that enables users to send real-time messages to other team members. The solution also offers manager-to-manager and email communication tools.
- Self-Scheduling: Employees can receive alerts and pick-up open shifts directly through the system, enabling the solution to automatically update the schedule once a slot is filled. Employees can also request to swap shifts with co-workers directly through the platform.
- Payroll Tracking: WHen I Work can provide managers with detailed budget information, personnel tracking functionality and the ability to forecast payroll and overtime expenses.
- Calendar Sync: In addition to viewing schedules online, When I Work can sync with other online calendar apps, including Google Calendar, Outlook and iCal.
- The lowest pricing plan covers a single location and only allows a maximum of five users.
- The pricing structure requires modification at the base level with additional features and more users.
- The solution offers a limited number of reports for employee scheduling and tracking purposes.
- It doesn’t allow users to edit employees on a batch or global level.
- When I Work doesn't integrate with other internal apps such as Zenefits and Greenhouse.
When I Work Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for When I Work
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||