What is Snap Schedule?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Snap Schedule is a cloud-based application that helps businesses automate their scheduling process, slash labor costs, enhance productivity and promote work-life balance. It helps managers prepare shift charts with ease, make smart scheduling decisions and avoid scheduling conflicts.
Its appearance is similar to an Excel spreadsheet but with drag-and-drop capabilities that simplify shift swaps. It automatically generates schedules with optimal work distribution for the entire workforce. Businesses can avoid overstaffing shifts and reduce payroll expenses. It alerts managers to understaffed shifts and helps find adequate employees based on their seniority and roles. It tracks employee skills and assigns crucial projects to qualified staff members, thus avoiding liability issues.
It can either be deployed on-premises or can be hosted on the cloud. Apart from schedule creation and publishing, it monitors attendance, leave requests and tracks staff assignments. It helps companies adhere to local labor laws by offering open shifts and paying overtime to employees working extra hours.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Snap Schedule?
Key differentiators & advantages of Snap Schedule
- Simplifies Complex Scheduling: Snap Schedule supports assigning complex shifts like multiple shifts, split shifts, on-calls and paid or unpaid time off requests. It provides real-time data on shift coverage and automatically computes total hours worked by employees. Its shift coverage planner displays staff members scheduled per shift based on their assignment, skill or position and staffing conditions. Any variance in employee headcounts are also visible.
- Slashes Scheduling Time: Its powerful tools and graphical interface simplify workforce scheduling, analyzing data, editing information and assigning tasks to staff members. It tracks employee attendance and accurately forecasts absences and staffing requirements. It warns users of scheduling conflicts, helps reduce overstaffing, which in turn saves payroll expenditure.
- Reduces Labor Cost: Snap Schedule automatically computes the total number of hours put in by employees, time-off and overtime. These calculations happen while shift charts are prepared and assignments are delegated. Its detailed labor cost reports help businesses stay within budget. It also allows businesses to define their calculation of overtime pay — whether employees should be paid for extra hours worked per day, week or a combination of both.
- Assigns Tasks: Snap Schedule lets shift managers designate break times and specific tasks per shift. It also helps managers find the right staff members for an open shift based on skill, availability, position, labor cost, seniority, work hour limit and other criteria.
- Speeds Up Shift Rotation: It comes with various pre-designed schedules to cater to the needs of eight, 10, 12 or 24-hour shift-based businesses. Users can select shift schedules and patterns and customize them according to their requirements. It keeps managers updated on the employee headcount on a particular day and reasons for no shows.. It provides comprehensive reports on planned employee training, time-off requests and upcoming vacations.
- Centralized Storage for Employee Information: Snap Schedule stores all employee information in a single location. Staff related data such as contact details, skills, availability, authorized work locations and time constraints can be easily inserted into employee records. It offers 25 custom fields like start dates, training period, review dates and radio call handles that can be used to store as much employee data as businesses want.
- Easy-to-Use: Its easy-to-use platform lets shift managers modify shift duration and timings to reflect actual hours worked by staff. Schedule planners can add explanatory notes for shift deviations and use reports to provide time card data for payroll processing.
Snap Schedule offers workforce scheduling for industries like transportation, education, retail, nonprofit, medical facilities, hospitality, call centers, police and fire departments, construction, manufacturing and more.
- Familiar User Interface: Snap Schedule’s familiar user interface reduces complexity and accelerates learning processes. Its right-click menus are context-sensitive and help simplify editing, adding and deleting data records. Work schedules can be emailed to employees with a single click. Shift charts can be color-coded to highlight time-off reasons and employee positions to track assignments and shift patterns easily. Its user settings are consistent and allow managers to proceed from where they left off.
- Robust Storage Capacity: It can support unlimited shift charts. Schedule data can be password protected and can be encrypted at a 128-bit file level. It offers flexibility to schedule any number of employees and reflect their time-off requests. It provides options to group employees based on their work position and location, which can be used to filter staff members for an open shift. Businesses can define various attributes like employee skill sets, locations where they are allowed to work, desired working hours and labor law constraints.
- Drag-and-Drop Scheduling: Snap Schedule’s drag-and-drop capability assigns shifts easily, marks time off and moves or copies assignments. Previous data can be used to prepare new shift charts and shift assignments can be edited, added or deleted via right-click menus. It finds employees to fill open shifts and ensures adequate staffing per shift with the help of its shift coverage planner. It helps shift managers select the best employees per shift based on their availability, work hour constraints, labor cost, seniority and other criteria.
- Conflict Detection: It automatically detects scheduling conflicts and displays them on the schedule planner. It sends alerts when an employee is unavailable or is scheduled for a non-working day. Users can enable or disable conflict checks per schedule and color code different conflict errors. On-demand reports help check for shift assignment conflicts and work hour constraints for specific date ranges. Regular and overtime work hour limits for each day or work period can be specified for each employee. Show the number of employees scheduled by position for each shift so you can quickly see if any position is over or under staffed while making shift assignments.
- Overtime Pay Support: Snap Schedule offers flexibility to handle and set rules for overtime pay processes. It lets businesses specify up to three rules for the computation of premium pay to staff members. Premium pay can be a fixed amount per hour, per shift or a combination of both. On-call pay can be a fixed amount regardless of the number of extra hours or a fixed amount per extra hour. Businesses can decide to pay premium amounts for a portion of the shift that falls within a specific time period.
- Employee Database: It maintains an extensive employee database and can import employee information from sources like Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Accounting or an Excel spreadsheet template. Employee records can be maintained based on their skills, positions, labor rates, authorized work locations, skills and certifications. It sends alerts when employee certifications are expiring.
- Extensive Reporting: Snap Schedule provides comprehensive reports in various categories. Businesses can customize standard reports to fit their requirements and for future use. Data can be filtered, grouped and sorted in as many ways as possible for strategic analysis and consumption. It allows users to export data from reports into popular formats like Excel or PDF.
- Easy Distribution: It allows users to print shift calendars and employee reports to communicate information to management and employees. Work schedules and reports can be previewed and published in PDF or other formats. It automates work schedule emailing to a selected group of employees or the entire staff.
This product has the following limitations as of writing of this review:
- Snap Schedule doesn’t keep a historical log of employee shifts, so it is difficult for users to get the reports they want.
- It can only send schedules to 20 people at once.
- The interface is basic.
- It just has two categories for employees — active or inactive, and doesn’t have a section to list terminated employees.
Snap Schedule Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Online queries can be directed to [email protected]
phonePhone: Users can call their toll free number 1 (800) 450 4230 for phone support.
schoolTraining: The Snap Schedule site has a user manual and numerous videos to help users optimize the software according to their needs.
local_offerTickets: Users can submit tickets through Snap Schedule’s site.