What is Planday?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Born out of a conversation in a Danish bar, Planday provides tools to businesses of all sizes, across all industries. Scalability is a key benefit for any growing business looking to automate and streamline administrative tasks such as schedule building and report generation.
With built-in messaging features, managers are able to improve communication within the team. With tools to help manage hourly workers and track individual employee activity, managers can easily build reports that provide a comprehensive overview of the business.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Planday?
Key differentiators & advantages of Planday
- Ensure Organizational Compliance: Managers can set up compliance warnings based on organizational policies, ensuring no employee is accidentally scheduled for too many hours or for shifts that are too close together.
- Unique Templates: Once a schedule has been created, managers can save it to use as a template for future schedules. This allows managers to plan future shifts, streamlining the process.
- Decrease Scheduling Conflicts: By allowing staff members to advocate for their preferred shifts, managers are able to avoid potential scheduling conflicts. Employees are also able to find their own coverage for shifts they cannot work directly through the app.
- Streamlined Workflows: The system’s integrated time-clock function allows managers to export data about how many hours an employee worked directly to a payroll provider. This capability also provides managers with an overview of payroll costs, which can be beneficial in budget planning and forecasting for future schedules.
- Mobile Capability: Planday offers mobile apps compatible with both iOS and Android devices, allowing both managers and employees to access the system from their mobile device at any time.
With six offices across the globe, Planday serves businesses of all sizes worldwide, in all industries. Some of Planday’s noteworthy customers include Best Western, CrossFit, Fitness World and Just Eat.
- Staff Management: Employees can submit time-off requests and set availability directly through the system. Planday automatically updates this information in the system and prevents managers from scheduling an employee outside of their availability.
- Scheduling: Create, edit and publish schedules directly through the platform. After assigning skills to employees, the system can ensure that only qualified employees claim skill-specific shifts.
- Communication: Send alerts about upcoming schedule changes to team members when they clock-in. Employees can message coworkers directly through the app to swap shifts or find a replacement for shifts they can no longer work.
- Time Clock: Employees can clock-in for shifts directly through the mobile app. Managers can set up location-specific rules for employees, ensuring that employees only clock-in for shifts when they’re actually at work.
- Reports: Track labor data such as which employees used sick time during a given pay period, hours worked and which type of shifts employees are assigned to. This information can then be used to create reports to provide managers with insight into schedule standards.
Planday offers a variety of a variety of scheduling tools. However, it is not a perfect solution for every business. Some of Planday’s limitations include clock-in and clock-out usability and an arduous setup process. Some of the specific product limitations include:
- The system’s reporting capabilities are limited
- There is no biometric functionality for clock-in and clock-out
- Users cannot directly delete a shift from the dashboard
- Interfaces between admins and User GUI is inconsistent
- The setup process is complex
- The desktop version does not allow users to clock-in and clock-out
mail_outlineEmail: Users can contact support by sending an email to [email protected]
phonePhone: Phone support is not available.
schoolTraining: A repository of articles and tutorials are available to users. These resources cover an array of topics, from assistance with logging into the system to various integrations.
local_offerTickets: Users can submit a request form for support directly through Planday’s website.
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 100 reviews: