What is Orbital Shift?
Industry Specialties: Serves small and mid-sized businesses
Orbital Shift is a cloud-based workforce management and engagement platform. It is designed to facilitate hassle-free scheduling, strengthen communication within teams and provides a web clock to help businesses save time.
It offers customizable templates and color-coded cards for events to facilitate schedule creation. The online clock tracks the number of hours worked by the individual staff members for accurate computation of payroll. It automatically notifies and alerts management in case of any scheduling conflicts. Users can also generate various reports to get insights into the functioning of their organizations.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Orbital Shift?
Key differentiators & advantages of Orbital Shift
- Fast and Easy Scheduling: Orbital Shift’s online scheduling interface creates schedules within minutes and ensures that the right mix of employees work the priority shifts. It offers numerous features that simplify scheduling like default templates, prompt communication, automated alerts, filters, color-coded event cards and shadow scheduling.
- Do Away With Mundane Tasks: Orbital Shift offers tools for automatic scheduling, thereby reducing manual scheduling tasks. It eliminates the dependency on cumbersome excel changes and allows managers to focus on important tasks.
- Forget Manual Time Tracking: Orbital Shift’s web clock saves businesses the hassle of manually calculating the number of hours put in by their staff. Its time-tracking feature accurately computes time and can be set on autopilot with GPS monitoring. Employees can clock in or out with their mobile devices too. It also notifies managers when employees forget to clock in or out.
- Streamlines Communication: It streamlines communication within the teams and with management to keep everyone updated. It sends timely notifications and alerts to reduce the chances of missed shifts and avoid miscommunication.
Orbital Shift offers solutions to small and medium-size businesses in the hospitality, healthcare, grocery and retail sectors.
- Easy-to-Use: Orbital Shift offers an easy-to-use, flexible platform for managers to update, review and approve shifts from any location. It sends automatic alerts and notifications immediately when a schedule is published to avoid scheduling conflicts and chances of overscheduling and understaffed shifts.
- Online Time Clock: Its online clock feature monitors employee attendance logs accurately. The GPS location fencing lets the employers track the whereabouts of their staff. Employees can check-in and out of their shifts from any device with an internet connection.
- Targeted Communication: Orbital Shift allows shift managers to send targeted messages or emails to an individual employee or a group of employees, a specific department or the entire team. Employees can go through specific notes and tasks assigned to them before their shifts start.
- Labor Cost Control: It provides data to facilitate shift planning in future and control labor costs. Its labor cost management function ensures that the shifts are never understaffed or overstaffed to avoid cost overruns.
- Mobile Application: Orbital Shift’s mobile features facilitate efficient team engagement without the managers being tied to their desks. Employees can also access their work schedules from their mobile devices and request time-off or shift swaps.
Orbital Shift Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Online queries can be sent to [email protected] Sales related queries can be sent to [email protected]
phonePhone: Phone queries can be directed to (406) 552 0312.
schoolTraining: Orbital Shift’s website provides useful resources such as blogs, reviews and FAQs.
local_offerTickets: Users can submit tickets to request a quote or demonstration through Orbital Shift’s contact page.