What is Humanity?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Humanity, previously called ShiftPlanning, is a solution offered as a SaaS to businesses of all sizes. The program can work both as a standalone program in the cloud or integrate with other HCM and payroll platforms.
Streamlines a variety of tasks, including schedule building, data tracking, staffing and other HR functions. The solution can automate core tasks to help improve workforce productivity and efficiency.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Humanity?
Key differentiators & advantages of Humanity
- Save Time: HR managers can build schedules up to 80% faster by implementing this solution to streamline the scheduling process.
- Convenience: The web-based solution can be accessed from any internet-connected device. Employees can easily trade shifts and request time off, while HR managers can create and edit shifts through their mobile devices.
- Improve Communication: The solution's messaging capabilities enable users to communicate with each other and receive real-time updates about the schedule from any location.
- Improve Bottom Line: Leveraging vital business data enables HR managers to build better schedules. Integrations allow the system to streamline payroll, onboarding and other training tasks, saving HR managers both time and money.
Humanity provides cloud-based scheduling and time tracking software to more than 10,000 clients in more than 195 countries. Humanity’s user base spans 150 different industries, including technology, healthcare, transportation and more. Some of Humanity’s noteworthy clients include Safeway, Yelp, Chick-Fil-A, CNN, Lyft and Nike.
- Scheduling: Managers can easily create schedules, manage vacation requests and adjust to last-minute shift changes. The solution provides real-time visibility for employees along with automatic updates, so the whole team is always aware of the most up-to-date version of the schedule.
- Time Clock: Track staff hours and attendance from any mobile device. With accurate data, the system can generate timesheets and export them for payroll.
- Forecasting: This capability can project staffing needs based on business data such as POS metrics, allowing managers to build better schedules.
- Flex Scheduling: Avoid understaffing by responding to business needs. Managers can post open shifts, release shifts and find replacements for employees who are unable to make it to a scheduled shift.
- Integration: Humanity integrates with a variety of full HCM platforms to ensure seamless workflows. Some of the products that Humanity offers integrations with include Workday, Namely, BambooHR and ADP.
Some of the limitations for Humanity include a lack of support options, the inability to modify some shift changes and limited mobile capabilities. A few of the specific pitfalls are listed below and should be considered before making a final choice on which software to implement. Some of the product limitations include:
- The solution does not have a “request booking” feature. Users can only book staff through the software based on availability
- Users cannot modify the shift hours they are swapping
- The system does not allow users to track the history of staff picking up shifts
- HR managers cannot set overall open hours for the business
- Limited features in the mobile app make checking employee schedules complex
Humanity offers a starting guide and additional online support to users. Users can also schedule a demo of the software and can access a library of support articles. Specific information about how to access assistance from support experts can be found below:
mail_outlineEmail: Support experts are available to help via web chat at all times. The chat can be found on Humanity’s website.
schoolTraining: Users can access a variety of articles for assistance on a range of subjects. Some of the categories include guides for getting started, leave management, employee time management, reports and basic troubleshooting for a variety of features.
local_offerTickets: Humanity does not allow users to submit tickets for support.
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 743 reviews: