What is HotSchedules?
Industry Specialties: Serves restaurant, retail and hospitality industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of HotSchedules
- Saves Time: The system’s scheduling features help managers build schedules and assign shifts more effectively. On average, businesses reduce the time spent on these processes by 75%.
- Improve Communication: Built-in messaging allows managers and employees to communicate with one another directly through the mobile platform. This makes it easy to update team members on schedule changes, and allows employees to communicate directly with coworkers when they need help covering or swapping shifts.
- Reduce Labor Costs: Reporting capabilities allow managers to generate store reports on labor costs and sales. This allows managers to assess overall labor practices to help inform future budgets.
- Encourage Employee Engagement: Managers can provide employees direct access to the schedule through the mobile app, allowing them to access and request changes to the schedule, which boosts engagement.
- Ensure Compliance: HotSchedules allows managers to configure labor rules to help document shift transactions, control labor costs and ensure compliance with industry, state and federal legislation.
HotSchedules merged with Fourth in November 2019 to provide businesses additional features not previously included with the HotSchedules platform. The vendor serves businesses in the restaurant and hospitality industries. HotSchedules currently serves more than three million users in 61 countries.
- Scheduling: Managers can quickly build schedules with pre-built templates based on predictive scheduling. Through this feature, managers are also able to approve or deny shift change requests, define rules to limit overtime, reference employee availability and access the Daily Roster Report.
- Time and Attendance: This feature lets managers track clock-in and clock-out times, collect information on tip and break entries, and allow employees to access their timecard and payroll histories. By adding the Mobile WebClock features, managers can set up alerts to notify them when employees miss a time punch or are in danger of crossing into overtime. The mobile WebClock also allows managers to set geo-fencing rules, enabling employees to clock-in from their mobile device.
- Forecasting: Users can leverage the KPI dashboard to compare forecast data to real-time data that is updated every 15 minutes. Managers are able to input promotions to be stored with other historical information so that they can later compare it to forecast data and assess how projections change over time.
- Labor Management: With HotSchedules, users can calculate shift minimums, plan for holiday hours and generate suggested head counts based on raw labor projections. This ensures that any given shift always has the proper number of staff members.
- POS Integration: The solution integrates with any POS to share labor, sales and guest data to inform schedule generation based on sales demand.
- HotSchedules does not provide free Android or iOS apps
- The solution doesn’t include a GPS tool to track the exact location of employees
- The mobile app doesn’t allow users to pick up or view a dropped schedule
- The initial setup is complex, requiring keying in personnel data, pulling it from other software or sharing files with the company to upload it on the user’s behalf
- The auto-release/pick-up function is difficult to set up
- The layout of the calendar while scheduling employees is difficult to use
HotSchedules Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for HotSchedules
|Maintenance Cost||The cost is included in the subscription fee|
|Installation/Implementation Cost||The cost is included in the subscription fee|
|Customization Cost||The customization costs are dependent on the functional requirements of the modules added|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||This cost varies depending on the amount and complexity of the data to be migrated as well as the availability of migration tools and the gaps between the existing system and the new system|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||This cost is included in the monthly subscription fee.|