What is Homebase?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Homebase serves businesses that rely on hourly workers by assisting with shift management and overall schedule generation. It also aids time tracking and hiring.
Though the product was originally designed with small and local businesses in mind, it has since expanded and now supports businesses of all sizes. It offers a free tier for users with basic needs and more advanced pricing packages for users with additional requirements not covered by the free subscription plan.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Homebase?
Key differentiators & advantages of Homebase
- Save Money: With a free subscription plan, Homebase is an affordable option for any business. Unlike many other solutions, Homebase does not charge an additional fee per user. The vendor offers four different subscription packages, all of which allow for an unlimited number of employees.
- Save Time: Managers can build schedules automatically by accounting for employee availability and roles. Users can also build schedules manually with the user-friendly interface by copying over previous schedules. By leveraging these capabilities, users report saving an average of four hours of work each week.
- Use Unlimited Schedules: All subscription plans allow users to build schedules as far into the future as they choose. Users are able to build an unlimited number of schedules for all team members.
- Reduce Errors: Homebase allows users to track schedule changes to ensure that all employees have access to the most up-to-date version of the schedule, eliminating employee scheduling errors and minimizing the amount of missed shifts.
- Simplify Team Communication: Mobile capabilities allow users to send direct messages to both individuals as well as broadcast messages to entire groups directly through the app.
Homebase serves more than 100,000 businesses with hourly workers across all industries. The vendor specializes in products that serve the restaurant, food, retail, health and service industries. Some of Homebase’s noteworthy customers include The Melting Pot, Jamba Juice, Dairy Queen, The UPS Store, Aveda, Massage Envy, Orange Theory Fitness and the YMCA.
- Scheduling: This feature enables managers to create, copy and save schedules, which can then be modified or reused at a later date. Users can also view employee availability and time off requests, manage shift changes, and forecast labor costs.
- Time Clock: Employees can clock in and clock out from the web, a tablet or an integrated POS. The advanced subscription packages can prevent employees from clocking in early for their shift as well as returning from breaks early. The time clock feature can also round time and allow for automatic clock-out.
- Timesheets: Homebase enables users to track clock-ins, breaks and overtime hours with their online timesheets. The system is able to generate a daily summary of activities, track breaks and export timesheets to payroll, reducing time errors.
- Mobile Capability: All subscription plans include a mobile app for users, allowing managers and employees to view schedule changes from any internet-connected device.
- Hiring: The system’s applicant tracking system (ATS) helps users streamline the hiring process by providing pre-written job descriptions, interview reminders and applicant tracking capabilities. Homebase also allows users to post open jobs on Craigslist and other job boards. Once a new employee is hired, the system will import new hires to the schedule.
- Reporting: Users can track and generate reports on labor costs as a percent of sales, actual hours worked, employee performance and shift feedback summaries. The more advanced subscription plans can also track labor costs by type and generate a variety of customized reports.
- Drag-and-Drop Interface: The system’s drag-and-drop interface enables users to view and sort schedules by role, time period or employee hours. Managers can also copy the previous week’s schedule and publish work changes directly through the mobile app.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Doesn’t allow users to hide the shift start and end time from employees
- Homebase doesn’t automatically add holiday hours to the timesheet, so they must be entered manually
- Employees can't edit their own schedules
- The solution doesn’t allow employees to request partial days off
- Multiple clock-out options are not available in edit mode
Homebase Suite Support
Homebase subscribers can receive support services regardless of their subscription. Support is available to users via phone, email and web chat. Homebase also offers Spanish language tools for users who wish to receive support.
mail_outlineEmail: Users can contact Homebase support via email at any time. Homebase support will respond with assistance within 24 hours of receiving an email. Users can also chat directly with the support team via the web chat functionality on the vendor's website.
phonePhone: The support team is available to provide support by phone Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST.
schoolTraining: The vendor offers a variety of self-learning tools, including 30-minute training webinars. Users can also reference the FAQ page for articles that can assist with common user issues.
local_offerTickets: Homebase does not allow users to submit tickets for support.
Cost of Ownership for Homebase
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Price is dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, the complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.|