What is Practice Fusion?
Industry Specialties: Medical
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Practice Fusion
- More Accurate Treatment and Diagnosis: By documenting medical information electronically rather than on paper, patient information is less susceptible to handwriting and legibility mistakes. Practice Fusion can also provide health analytics to help recognize patient patterns and recommend treatment. As a result, physicians are able to provide proper patient treatment the first time around.
- Increased Productivity and Efficiency: Like many other EHR software solutions, Practice Fusion allows practitioners to increase their revenue without sacrificing quality service or care. Physicians can get through patient visits more quickly by spending less time recording and pulling up charts — templates and automatic favorite lists can be saved to speed up the process.
- Patient Involvement: Using the patient portal feature, patients are encouraged to be more engaged throughout the treatment process. Patients can view their medical history, exchange messages with physicians and create customized health plans online.
- Full Certification: Practice Fusion meets essentially every available EHR certification requirement — ICD-10 codes, meaningful use, ONC, HIPAA compliance, etc. Practice Fusion continuously monitors the medical industry for any changes and provides automatic updates.
- Risk-Free Implementation: Practice Fusion offers a free trial, so you can try out the software before buying. Implementation is relatively quick, with minimal disruption to your health facility. Users can elect to learn the EHR themselves or receive personalized one-on-one training to help customize the software to fit individualized needs.
Geared toward smaller, independent practices, Practice Fusion EHR serves 6.4% of all ambulatory practices in the US, supporting over 30,000 medical facilities. Additionally, over 43 million clinical records have been documented using Practice Fusion.
- Charting: Practice Fusion makes charting more efficient, with specialty-specific templates and automatic favorite lists available to physicians. Rather than memorizing codes, practitioners can search for diagnosis codes by keyword. Physicians are also able to track a patient’s health data over time to monitor treatment progress.
- Scheduling: Practice Fusion’s easy scheduling lets patients manage appointments online. Additionally, the EHR can automatically send out reminders to patients regarding any upcoming visits. For patients with chronic illnesses or conditions, recurring appointments can also be managed automatically.
- E-Prescribing: Order and send prescriptions anywhere and everywhere by using e-prescribing. Practice Fusion can manage medical orders, refill requests and pharmacy communication electronically. Using the EHR’s 2-click prescription refill tool, physicians can quickly and easily take care of refill requests for any recurring medications.
- Patient Portal: In addition to scheduling appointments and checking-in online, patients can use Practice Fusion during and after their visits to look at medical information and view lab results. Patients can access education materials as well as population health information to help them gain a stronger knowledge of their health and treatment.
- Billing and Payment: Billing and payment processes can be handled almost entirely with Practice Fusion. For example, patients can receive billing statements and update payment information while physicians are able to create superbills by automatically pulling information from chart notes. This EHR can be used to verify insurance providers as well as scrub claims of any errors before being submitted, assuring payment is received.
- Labs and Imaging: Practice Fusion allows integration with your labs and imaging centers. The EHR connects to LabCorp, Quest and hundreds of other labs, while imaging services like X-ray, CT Scan, Ultrasound, MRI and more can also be integrated.
Practice Fusion Suite SupportPractice Fusion EHR comes with unlimited phone, email and live chat support for your entire health organization, allowing users to speak directly with specialists and receive quality support.
Top Competitors & Alternatives
Relevant articles for Practice Fusion
Pricing for EHR Software
Practice Fusion Reviews
The following reviews for Practice Fusion are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms.