What is NextGen EHR?
Industry Specialties: Medical
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of NextGen EHR
- Scalability: Although this program isn't a one-size-fits-all solution, depending on the size of your practice and what you need out of an EHR, NextGen provides options for individual practitioners to multispecialty group practices.
- Increase Revenue: With easier documentation and fewer errors leading to a greater quality of treatment, health organizations using NextGen are noticing a boost in revenue. Medical practices can see more patients daily while also obtaining a hefty return on investment.
- Quality Reporting: With NextGen EHR, registry reporting can be automated, saving physicians time as well as providing them with accurate information in real time.
- Streamlined Workflow: NextGen allows physicians to spend less time dealing with documentation and focus more of their efforts on improving treatment and care. Its easy-to-use charting features make documentation a breeze while reducing the hassle of filtering through countless physical documents searching for a single patient’s file.
- Patient Experience: Customer service is a priority for any business, with many customers (patients) of medical practices often frustrated with the time-consuming appointment process. Patient portals allow patients to check-in online as well as view their medical history and keep track of their health, giving them more control and confidence throughout their treatment.
- Ease of Use: NextGen EHR provides an intuitive and user-friendly interface, making navigation as well as accessing patient data fast and simple.
NextGen EHR is used by a variety of health organizations, both big and small. A wide range of specialty clinics, such as OB/GYN, pediatrics, podiatry, primary care, urgent care and more also use this software solution to manage their operations. More than one million healthcare providers are connected through NextGen EHR, with over 150,000 total users.
- Patient Information: Like other EHRs, NextGen allows physicians to chart and document medical data electronically. Its cloud-based server enables clinicians to access, create and edit a patient’s medical information anytime, anywhere.
- Health Analytics: NextGen EHR offers an extensive number of health analytics capabilities, such as population health, risk stratification, care coordination and more. These analytics are used to provide diagnoses and recommend treatments.
- Patient Portal: NextGen’s patient portal allows patients to schedule appointments, make payments and request medication refills online. Patients can communicate with their physicians through messaging and can attend video chats and telehealth visits from any location.
- Specialty Focus: A wide range of specialty clinics use NextGen to manage their operations — when treatment types vary, so should software features. NextGen EHR can be tailored to fit various practices, with special features and tools available for different specialties.
- Interoperability: NextGen’s interoperability solutions allow practices to easily exchange medical information throughout the clinical workflow. Interoperability helps improve clinical, financial and patient outcomes by saving a person’s information and making it accessible whenever, wherever.
- Claims Management: Clearinghouse, NextGen’s in-house claims management tool, handles the entire billing process — insurance verification, scrubbing claims of errors, automated billing statements and more. In turn, health facilities can avoid missing out on revenue to denied, lost or ignored insurance claims.