What is Meditech?
Industry Specialties: Medical
Like any other EHR, Meditech allows physicians to document and chart patient information electronically, rather than by hand. Meditech EHR customers have noticed an improvement in their physicians efficiency and productivity as well as an increase in revenue and overall quality of health care.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Meditech
- Fewer Errors: The old method of documenting medical information by hand was prone to handwriting and legibility errors. Documenting this information electronically in Meditech EHR assures the patient’s medical information is correct and nobody will have issues understanding it.
- More Accurate Treatment: Meditech EHR allows users to access a patient’s entire medical history. The software can recognize patterns and help predict diagnosis, enabling you to provide more accurate treatment the first time around.
- More Patient Engagement: Patients can book appointments, pre-register, answer pre-visit questionnaires and communicate with their physician(s). Meditech also provides tools to support remote patient monitoring as well as virtual patient visits.
- Security of Information: Storing information in Meditech EHR servers assures that sensitive documents are kept secure. You no longer run the risk of losing physically-stored medical documents due to misplacement, tampering, destruction or theft. Only certain users are given access to patient data.
- 24/7 Support: Meditech EHR offers 24/7 support, providing upgrades and ongoing maintenance support This vendor’s support team handles data backups, recovery management, mobile access and regular upgrades.
- Quick Implementation: As for Meditech EHR’s cloud-based solution, critical access hospitals are able to roll out and go-live in roughly 6 months.
Meditech EHR serves a variety of healthcare facilities around the world, from the US and Canada to the UK, Ireland, Asia and South Africa. Meditech places a strong focus on building a strong business-customer relationship — 85% of Meditech’s customers have stuck with the EHR for over a decade.
- Physician Efficiency: Like any EHR, Meditech allows users to document and chart a patient’s data and save that information to its servers. Users only have to document a patient’s information once, then that information can be shared with other users and stored for future use. Physicians can spend more time focusing on their patients and less time documenting.
- Population Health: Meditech EHR gathers and compares medical data from a number of patients to improve the health outcomes of a group of individuals. Population health can help you recognize local trends and use similar cases as reference to improve the overall healthcare of all your patients.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Meditech EHR handles revenue cycle management as well as business and clinical analytics. Users can use the software to look at their health facility’s performance and see how it stacks up to others.
- Nurse and Specialty Care: Meditech EHR allows nurses and other practitioners to provide care in the patient’s home. There are also features that support oncology, critical care and surgical services in addition to labor and delivery.
- Patient Portal: Patients can use Meditech’s MHealth to set appointments and ask questions online. Online, face-to-face visits can be set with one’s physician.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Doesn’t offer support features like insurance verification, faxing and freehand charting
- Meditech’s built-in templates are limited
- The integration process can be challenging
- Users cannot customize the worklist or prioritize patients
Meditech EHR Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Meditech EHR
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|
Based on 127 reviews: