What is EpicCare?
Industry Specialties: Ambulatory Facilities
EpicCare is an ambulatory solution which allows physicians to chronicle a patient’s healthcare over time. Health organizations all over the world use it to manage a handful of their daily operations, from appointment scheduling to billing and payment. It's got modules for just about every need. From clinical trials to a mobile application to analytics, it goes above and beyond portable medical records.
Healthcare facilities using it have noticed improvements in their physicians’ efficiency and productivity as well as an increase in overall revenue. In turn, practices are able to increase their daily traffic without compromising the quality of patient treatment. Clinicians especially will notice an increase in workflow efficiency.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use EpicCare?
Key differentiators & advantages of EpicCare
- Fewer Errors: In the past, medical information had to be documented, by hand, on paper. This form of documentation was prone to handwriting and legibility errors, which could eventually lead to a patient receiving improper treatment. Recording patient information electronically reduces the amount of human mistakes and assures unambiguous patient information.
- More Accurate Treatment: With EpicCare EMR, physicians are able to access a patient’s entire medical history at their fingertips. With fewer documentation errors, more accurate diagnosis and treatment can be provided the first time around. Additionally, health analytics provided by the EMR can help recognize health patterns and recommend appropriate treatment.
- Clinical Support: Epic provides screens, workflows, specialty applications, predictive analytics, and embedded decision support tools to support clinical practice. It also facilitates the recruitment of study participants for independent research and allows users to incorporate their findings into clinical care.
- Patient Experience: Patients can use EpicCare EMR to schedule appointments, pre-register, communicate with their physicians and more. Patients and doctors are able to collaborate on custom/personalized treatment plans to help monitor and track their health.
- Mobility: Both patients and physicians are able to access EpicCare EMR using their phone, tablet or even Apple watch. Patients can schedule appointments and receive notifications while physicians are able to monitor a patient’s treatment remotely
- Security of Information: By storing medical information electronically rather than physically, you can rest assured that sensitive documents are secure. EpicCare EMR allows for multiple levels of access, making it so that only those who need a patient's information are allowed access. Health facilities no longer run the risk of losing medical documents due to misplacement, tampering, theft or destruction.
- Care Management: Epic facilitates users to manage their health insurance operations. Claims can be processed and submitted automatically, and its utilization management tool helps users to make informed, financially responsible decisions with regards to a patient’s care. It provides a secure web portal for providers to interact with care information and tools to proactively identify high-risk patients, manage correspondence with members, vendors, and employers in one integrated database. It also provides customer relationship management and manages correspondence with members, vendors and employers in one integrated database.
Designed for large, ambulatory health facilities, EpicCare EMR provides a number of modules that support a variety of specialties and ancillaries — this includes infertility, oncology, orthopedics, radiology, rehab, urgent care, dental and more. EpicCare EMR is used by community hospitals, children’s organizations, independent practices, academic medical centers and more. Additionally, over a quarter million patients currently have an electronic record with Epic.
- MyChart Patient Portal: EpicCare’s patient module, MyChart, enables patients to access their personal and family health information on their mobile devices. They can also exchange messages with physicians, set appointments, complete questionnaires, and attend e-visits. Patients in hospitals can also use MyChart Bedside to look at their schedule, request a physician’s help, exchange messages, complete questionnaires and access individualized treatment plans. MyChart also facilitates online scheduling for prospective patients to become new patients.
- Analytics: Epic allows people close to the patient to investigate their hunches across populations and build dashboards. It also allows users to combine different sources of clinical, operational, and financial data into a single data warehouse. It enables users to distribute and curate their analytics content on a web portal.
- Telehealth: With EpicCare EMR’s telehealth feature, physicians are able to monitor patients and provide treatment remotely. With dozens of tools, telehealth handles ICU monitoring, chronic disease management, telecardiology, peer-to-peer consultations and video visits with patients, even those in prison. It can also be used for rural primary care, teledermatology, telecardiology, telepsych, telestroke, teleradiology, tele-emergency, genetic consults, abuse evaluations, interpretations, ICU monitoring, remote ICU, chronic disease management, case management and discharge planning. It can also be used for central deterioration monitoring remote intensivist coverage, second opinion services, patient transport, video visits, telerounding, school nurse consults, employer consultations, prison video visits, postsurgical follow-ups, virtual hospitals, financial counseling, and virtual urgent care.
- Managed Care: You can manage nearly all your health insurance operations through EpicCare. Claims can be processed and submitted automatically, while it’s utilization management tool helps to make informed, financially responsible decisions in regards to a patient’s care.
- Revenue Cycle Management: EpicCare’s RCM feature lets your health organization maximize revenue while protecting payments. Patients can create payment plans and even consolidate all of their balances into a single payment, streamlining billing and payment processes.
- Interoperability: Interoperability allows a patient’s medical information to be shared with any health organization that meets standards, regardless of the EMR/EHR they use. Epic exchanges more patients charts for care than any other vendor — for reference, over 100 thousand patient records were exchanged in April of 2019 alone.
- Community Health Portal: It facilitates users to keep community providers and caregivers informed with an integrated portal that updates them about their patients, submit referrals, order labs and imaging, close care gaps, schedule visits and more.
- Specialties and Ancillaries: Epic provides modules for cardiology, dental, dermatology, endoscopy, ENT, fertility, genomics, home health, lab, long-term care, nephrology, obstetrics, oncology, ophthalmology, ortho, radiology, rehab, rheumatology, transplant, wound care and urgent care.
- Artificial Intelligence: Epic provides machine learning algorithms embedded at the point of care. It also supports the deployment of independent artificial intelligence models using its cloud-based platform.
- Epic Share: Epic allows users to extend their system to independent practices, hospitals, and post-acute facilities with the ability to keep billing and scheduling separate.
- Compliance: Epic allows users to position their organization with tools for Meaningful Use (MU), Promoting Interoperability (PI), Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), and other regulatory programs such as HIPAA.
Some of the limitations of EpicCare include:
- Navigation to view images and labs is difficult
- Limited ability to export, print and manipulate data
- Difficult user experience due to complex features
- Relatively poor technical support and customer support services
EpicCare Ambulatory EMR Suite Support
EpicCare EMR offers 24/7 designated support in addition to regular checkups and ongoing services. Staff provides advice and assistance on performance improvement along with monitoring and regulating support. User web support is available Monday - Friday from 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. EST.
mail_outlineEmail: Customers of Epic can email for support at any time, while their website allows users to sign in online and request support or ask questions.
phonePhone: EpicCare’s website provides support numbers for their international offices in nine different countries.
schoolTraining: EpicCare provides certified courses, peer-to-peer training and other helpful resources. They also offer help with the EMR setup and implementation process.
local_offerTickets: There is not support ticketing option at this time.
Cost of Ownership for EpicCare
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||