What is EpicCare?
Industry Specialties: Ambulatory Facilities
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of EpicCare
- Fewer Errors: In the past, medical information had to be documented, by hand, on paper. This form of documentation was prone to handwriting and legibility errors, which could eventually lead to a patient receiving improper treatment. Recording patient information electronically reduces the amount of human mistakes and assures unambiguous patient information.
- More Accurate Treatment: With EpicCare, physicians are able to access a patient’s entire medical history at their fingertips. With fewer documentation errors, more accurate diagnosis and treatment can be provided the first time around. Additionally, health analytics provided by the EMR can help recognize health patterns and recommend appropriate treatment.
- Patient Experience: Patients can use EpicCare EMR to schedule appointments, pre-register, communicate with their physicians and more. Patients and doctors are able to collaborate on custom/personalized treatment plans to help monitor and track their health.
- Mobility: Both patients and physicians are able to access EpicCare using their phone, tablet or even Apple watch. Patients can schedule appointments and receive notifications while physicians are able to monitor a patient’s treatment remotely.
- Security of Information: By storing medical information electronically rather than physically, you can rest assured that sensitive documents are secure. EpicCare EMR allows for multiple levels of access, making it so that only those who need a patient’s information are allowed access. Health facilities no longer run the risk of losing medical documents due to misplacement, tampering, theft or destruction.
Designed for large, ambulatory health facilities, EpicCare EMR provides a number of modules which support a variety of specialties and ancillaries — this includes infertility, oncology, orthopedics, radiology, rehab, urgent care, dental and more. EpicCare is used by community hospitals, children’s organizations, independent practices, academic medical centers and more. Additionally, over a quarter million patients currently have an electronic record with Epic.
- Patient Portal: EpicCare’s patient module, MyChart, allows patients to access their personal and family health information using their mobile devices. They can also exchange messages with physicians, set appointments, complete questionnaires and attend e-visits. Patients in the hospital can also use MyChart Bedside to look at their schedule, request a physician’s help and access individualized treatment plans.
- Telehealth: With EpicCare EMR’s telehealth feature, physicians are able to monitor patients and provide treatment remotely. With dozens of tools, telehealth handles ICU monitoring, chronic disease management, telecardiology, peer-to-peer consultations and video visits with patients, even those in prison.
- Managed Care: You can manage nearly all your health insurance operations through EpicCare. Claims can be processed and submitted automatically, while it’s utilization management tool helps to make informed, financially responsible decisions in regards to a patient’s care.
- Revenue Cycle Management: EpicCare’s RCM feature lets your health organization maximize revenue while protecting payments. Patients can create payment plans and even consolidate all of their balances into a single payment, streamlining billing and payment processes.
- Interoperability: Interoperability allows a patient’s medical information to be shared with any health organization that meets standards, regardless of the EMR/EHR they use. Epic exchanges more patients charts for care than any other vendor. For reference, over one hundred thousand patient records were exchanged in April of 2019 alone.
Some of the limitations of EpicCare include:
- Navigation to view images and labs is difficult
- Limited ability to export, print and manipulate data
- Difficult user experience due to complex features
- Relatively poor technical support and customer support services
EpicCare Ambulatory EMR Suite SupportEpicCare offers 24/7 designated support in addition to regular checkups and ongoing services. Staff provides advice and assistance on performance improvement along with monitoring and regulating support.
Cost of Ownership for EpicCare
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|