What is Care360 EHR?
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Care360 EHR
- Part of the functionality of Care360 EHR addresses the electronic health record itself – modules in the EHR software system help doctors to enter important health information. Other parts of the system help with ordering tests and procedures. Care360 EHR also includes an e-prescribing system, a modern innovation that brings more accuracy and convenience to the task of writing prescriptions for patients.
- The Care360 EHR system also helps practices to comply with industry standards. For example, the EHR software is made to accommodate the mandates made by the federal government in implementing meaningful use stages one and two; part of the goal of using EMR involves identifying health trends, and harnessing the power of big data to learn more about how a practice serves a community.
- Another part of Care360 EHR design is aimed at improving revenue cycle management and providing technology solutions through a digital medical billing service tool set. Handling a revenue cycle is an enormous task for the average physician practice – part of this has to do with the “triage” that claims are subject to, and the back and forth that happens in the process of resolving claims. Medical billing service features in this EHR software product allow a provider office to more firmly control projected revenue, and to save time and money in the claims handling process.
Quest Diagnostics has been helping healthcare professionals and facilities manage and improve patient health for over 25 years, providing data diagnostics and patient services in approximately 2,000 patient locations across the US. With additional operations in India, Ireland and Mexico, products and services are used by customers in over 130 different countries.
- E-Prescribing: In addition to managing patient eligibility, coverage and copay information, your physicians are able to chart, order and renew prescriptions 24/7 from any location.
- Patient Portal: With MyQuest, patients and providers can connect with one another and handle a variety of tasks electronically. Physicians can send and receive messages, keep patient-visit notes, create an electronic record of communications with patients, and more. Patients, on the other hand, can use the portal for things like tracking their health, viewing lab results, sharing medical information with doctors, etc.
- Data Diagnostics: Physicians can access patient-specific analytics in real time during the point of care. Data diagnostics deliver insights to your physicians when and where they need them, while expanding available data sources with a large set of clinical, claims quality and lab data to be used for decision support.
- Electronic Prior Authorization (ePA): By integrating directly with the EHR, ePA helps your healthcare professionals to easily obtain automated prior authorizations at the point of care.
- Electronic Lab Management: Quest Lab Stewardship helps optimize your lab test decisions by producing better outcomes and lowering costs — redundant, unnecessary, and omitted tests can be avoided.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Doesn’t support integration with labs other than Quest Diagnostics
- Users cannot build customized templates
- Doesn’t provide a robust billing system
- Users aren’t allowed to rename or edit the name of a document
- Doesn’t let users upload patient notes for multiple doctor's visits
Care360 EHR Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Care360 EHR
|License/Subscription Cost||User-based monthly prescription — per user, per month|
|Customization Cost||Customization cost will vary depending on the number of users and specific functionalities that are added|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||Recurring costs are equivalent to the monthly subscription fee based on the number of users, add-on features and any training services|