What is TouchWorks?
Industry Specialties: Medical (Ambulatory/Multispecialty)
This open-platform system allows physicians to access and share medical knowledge whenever and wherever by bringing all data sources together. For years, this product has been helping health facilities effectively coordinate and deliver primary and specialized care.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of TouchWorks
- Quality Care: TouchWorks has helped many health organizations to improve the quality of patient care. Being able to access a patient’s entire medical history gives physicians a better grasp on what they’re dealing with from the start, while patient patterns and behaviors can be charted to help predict accurate diagnoses.
- Save Time, Money and Resources: TouchWorks customers have noticed an increase in both productivity and efficiency due to the program's ability to help with the managing of finances, inventory, staff and more automatically.
- Scalable: With so many options and levels when it comes to tools and features, Allscripts TouchWorks lets users adjust the EHR to suit their specific facilities, making it an appropriate pick for both multisite and multispecialty health organizations.
- Patient Experience: Patients can schedule appointments, pre-register and settle payments online, leading to shorter trips at the doctor. This, combined with better patient care and treatment, leads to happier and healthier customers.
- Data Accessibility: TouchWorks gives users access to important patient data at any given time, regardless of which location or department updated that information. For example, data previously recorded in the X-ray/imaging department can be pulled up during future visits, giving the current practitioner all of the necessary information.
For over 30 years, health providers and organizations have used Allscripts to improve their quality of healthcare. Allscripts is used by 2,700 hospitals and more than 13,000 extended care organizations. More than 180,000 physicians rely on Allscripts to handle their everyday tasks.
- E-Prescribing: With Allscripts, physicians can prescribe medications electronically and cut down on medical errors. Allscripts can handle controlled substance e-prescribing as well as alert pharmacists of any drug-to-drug or drug-to-allergy interactions that may occur based on the patient’s current medication(s) and diagnosis.
- Post-Acute Care: Partnered with Netsmart, Allscripts Homecare solution automates processes like patient intake, billing, account receivables and more. Health facilities can use Homecare to combine business, clinical and scheduling functionalities for multiple business segments.
- Patient Portal: Patients can check their medical history, view lab results and consult with their physician online. The patient portal can also automate patient check-ins and assist health facilities with revenue generation.
- TouchWorks Mobile: When physicians are out of the office, Allscripts TouchWorks Mobile allows them to provide patient treatment and make timely decisions. Doctors can send out messages to patients, access their medical history and suggest medications all while on the go.
- Clinical Decision Support: Allscripts Clinical Quality Solution is a decision and quality management tool that integrates with TouchWorks to enhance healthcare by providing clinicians with person-specific knowledge and information at the point of care.
- Configurable Desktop: TouchWorks allows users to personalize their EHR by determining which features to include and which to do away with. Additional tools and integrations can be purchased through the Allscripts application store online.
- Minimal customization options
- The patient portal isn’t user-friendly
- Weak charting functionality
- Doesn’t offer a robust front-office scheduling and billing module
Allscripts TouchWorks EHR Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Allscripts TouchWorks
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||