What is Cornerstone LMS?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Cornerstone LMS is a SaaS suite of tools that enables organizations to implement learning initiatives. Features for executing internal training include gamification, reporting, compliance training and integrations. The solution also provides capabilities that allow organizations to offer course content to external stakeholders. The system is suitable for SMBs, mid-market companies and enterprises.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Cornerstone LMS?
Key differentiators & advantages of Cornerstone LMS
- Automate Actions: You can configure the system to assign specific courses to different employees and groups. There’s also an option to assign a course’s most recent version for streamlined versioning control.
- Engage Employees: The application has built-in gamification features that reward learners with badges and points for their training performance.
- Extend the Platform's Capability: Dozens of Cornerstone partners offer solutions your organization can plug into the system. This enables you to expand functionality by adding extra courses, data analysis, single sign-on (SSO), talent management features and more. Partners include LinkedIn Learning, Deloitte, Skillsoft, TED Talks, IBM and Elucidat.
- Offer Training Externally: Cornerstone LMS has features that allow your company to provide training to customers, partners, resellers and other external parties. Customization features allow you to create branded portals and e-commerce tools to facilitate payments. You can also personalize the learning experience through cohort programs that are tailored to various groups. Finally, there’s an option to provide certification to ensure compliance and use analytics to monitor engagement.
- Support Collaboration: You can promote social learning and better communication across teams. The system’s communities present a place for learners to talk about projects, share knowledge and more.
- Deliver Compliance Training: The system supports building or offering your own content in a variety of formats, such as videos and quizzes. Cornerstone LMS also has the option to use out-of-the-box content via subscription. These courses cater to specific industry or functional skill compliance requirements. You can also build and administer certification programs.
Cornerstone LMS supports thousands of companies across 192 countries and is suitable for any industry. Some of the sectors it serves include retail, education, healthcare, manufacturing, technology, financial services, government, hospitality and nonprofit. Wendy’s, Hallmark, USC, Canon, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Walgreens and Western Union are among its clients.
- E-Learning Content: Cornerstone LMS offers content via subscriptions. All content is compiled through a combination of expert input, industry data and machine learning suggestions. After you choose which learning packages to deploy, based on theme and functional role, Cornerstone uploads the classes to your company’s LMS. Courses are available in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.
- Mobile App: Learners can take content on the go with the Cornerstone Learn™ app for iOS and Android.
- Reports: The program provides visibility into learning management KPIs, such as registrations, courses past due, number of ILT sessions and more. You can also gain insight into which courses are being taken and which learners are taking them. Self-serve tools allow you to choose what data you see.
- Dashboards: This feature lets you analyze employee metrics like skill trends, compliance, learning engagement, risk and other factors.
- Instructor-Led Training (ILT): The solution supports offering ILT sessions in both virtual and physical classroom settings. Elements of this feature include interest tracking, reservation capabilities, session rosters, wait lists and more.
- Tests: Cornerstone LMS includes interactive assignments and tests through which you can determine how much information employees have learned.
- Doesn’t support training workflow functionality
- Lacks a note sharing option
- Doesn’t offer template options to users
- Assigning mandatory training is a cumbersome process
- The online training modules offered by Cornerstone LMS are too long
- Doesn’t generate custom reports in real time
Cornerstone LMS Suite Support
Cornerstone offers success plans at four different levels for organizations that want access to advanced support options. There’s also a customer success center that allows users to connect with peers, get answers from experts on functionality questions and receive updates on product releases.
schoolTraining: Cornerstone University delivers a customized training experience based on your company’s needs. It includes video content, mobile access and the option to conduct training in person or online.
Cost of Ownership for Cornerstone LMS
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|
Cornerstone LMS Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 642 reviews: