What is CircleCI?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
CircleCI is a continuous integration and continuous development tool to build, test and deploy code to automate users’ development process at scale. It is available as a cloud-based or an on-premise deployment strategy. It helps teams simplify pipeline maintenance, reduce feedback cycles and get builds faster. Users can use SSH into failed builds for easy and quick debugging. It maintains third-party integrations automatically.
Its configurations are reusable for multi-project management and it provides workflows for job orchestration. Builds start in a clean environment and all the environments are encrypted. Users don’t have to manage and install plugins; core functionalities for GitHub and Bitbucket are built in.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use CircleCI?
Key differentiators & advantages of CircleCI
- Faster Performance: It supports the development process by providing reliability and speed while building, deploying and testing code. Users can also choose resources for optimal performance.
- Complete Control: CircleCI allows users to build software the way they want with job orchestration with workflow support. They can increase speed and use data from a job through workspaces.
- Unparalleled Flexibility: It provides flexibility to run jobs on operating systems like Linux, Windows and macOS. Users can configure their environment by accessing Docker support.
- Choose the CPU/RAM: Users can configure resources like computing power and memory to fit their team’s pipelines. Users can choose from resources to increase speed and optimal performance.
- SSH or Run Local Builds: Users can identify and solve issues using SSH access. They can also run jobs in their local environment, ensuring quick resolution of issues. Users can identify and solve bugs when they happen for quick recovery.
- Insights: CircleCI provides insight endpoints. Users can track and optimize their continuous integration and continuous delivery with workflow status, consumption and duration data.
- Unmatched Security: It makes sure that users’ code is protected with audit logging, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol for user management, virtual machine isolation and more.
- Simplify Accounts: Users don’t need to manage user permissions for other management platforms and tools. CircleCI supports VCS to reduce risk and redundancy.
CircleCI is featured on several Best DevOps tools lists. It runs over 35 million builds every month on Windows, Linux and macOS. It is FedRAMP certified and Forrester named it a leader in cloud-native integration.
- VCS Integration: CircleCI can easily integrate with Bitbucket, GitHub and GitHub Enterprise. When users commit code, the system creates a pipeline.
- Automated Testing: It runs users’ pipelines in a virtual machine or clean container. It allows them to test every commit.
- Notifications: CircleCI notifies the team if any pipeline fails. To fix issues quickly, it automatically integrates items for review with users’ Slack.
- Automated Deployment: It deploys passing pipelines to multiple environments for a quick go-to-market strategy.
- Workflows: This feature helps users define and design how building, testing and deploying proceeds. Users can control the development process across supported configurations.
- Docker Support: Users can search for any image in Docker’s common, private and public registries. This search can be customized for every job. Users can compose, build docker images and access layer caching.
As of this review these limitations are current:
- Configuration has a lot of bugs.
- It does not specify which resources are available specific to a machine.
- The system is slow. Deploying minor changes can take a lot of time.
CircleCI Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Email support options are not given on the website.
phonePhone: Phone support options are not given on the website.
schoolTraining: Training videos and documentation can be accessed via its website. It also has a forum where users can ask their questions and get support from the community.
local_offerTickets: Users can create a ticket by submitting their details in the contact form on CircleCI’s website.