What is SAP EAM?
Industry Specialties: Serves all asset-intensive industries
SAP EAM supports the upkeep of facilities, machines, equipment, vehicles and anything in between via a fully-featured suite. It helps facility managers coordinate asset maintenance, monitor asset life cycles, maintain their facilities and run reports to make better decisions. Users can leverage it for asset information management, performance improvement, assessment templates, risk and criticality assessment, and more.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use SAP EAM?
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP EAM
- Improve Operational Efficiency: Reduce costs, improve asset usage and manage capital expenditures throughout asset lifecycles. Technicians can work more efficiently, improving overall productivity.
- Boost Asset Usage: Reduce asset downtime (especially unplanned downtime) and improve asset utilization through centralized monitoring and control. Enhance reliability, efficiency and performance while minimizing disruptions.
- Improve ROI: Leverage IT investments and improve the ROI for every asset by boosting asset uptime and extending asset lifetime.
- Minimize Failures: Schedule preventative maintenance to repair assets in a timely manner to avoid catastrophic failure. Stay on top of recurring maintenance tasks with alerts.
- Make Sites Safer: Perform routine maintenance on assets, heavy machinery and equipment to secure them from damage and keep workers safe.
- Maintain Security and Compliance: Sensor data, engineering insights and critical alerts can only be accessed by authorized users through the SAP Intelligence Network. Each asset element on the SAP cloud platform has a unique ID to authorize publication and subscription.
- Share Interactive Data: Include photographs, multidimensional models, multidimensional logical bills of materials and videos for visual spare part management. Users can navigate and “hotspot” images during inspection.
- Add Capabilities: Integrate with other SAP solutions like SAP Predictive Maintenance and Service, as well as SAP Asset Strategy and Performance Management. It also supports integration of master and operational data with business information systems.
- Improve Planning: Run what-if simulations and find out which usage scenario suits best and compare results. Apply information from virtual sensors on the model to address potential issues before downtime occurs.
Serves a huge range of industries including chemicals, mill products, mining, oil and gas, utilities, banking, insurance, agribusiness, fashion, life sciences and more. It’s most ideal for large-scale companies.
- Analytics: Gain engineering insights using a variety of analysis tools including:
- Model-Based Analysis: Provides historic usage and predicts asset health and remaining lifespan by simulating and generating time series data in advance. Helps replay an event and see calculation consequences, optimize a 3D visualization of a trade-off and more.
- Vibration Analysis: Identify the unique vibration signature of an asset to serve as indicators of early signs of failure.
- Structural Analysis: Physical sensors on a piece of equipment act as inputs for simulating the stresses and strains on a digital representation of the equipment, helping process and analyze their impact on the equipment.
- Asset Information Management: Integrate technical information, asset history, maintenance strategies, financial data and real-word information in one platform using models, systems and templates.
- Performance Improvement: Get suggestions and solutions about a piece of equipment. Create, review and submit improvement requests.
- Mobile Access: Provides back-end flexibility for convenience to users through native apps for iPad, iPhone and Android.
- Asset Management: Build a standards-based physical asset management foundation to manage equipment, facilities, vehicles and other assets.
- Maintenance Management: Schedule, assign and record maintenance tasks to track maintenance for individual assets. Includes:
- Maintenance strategies and packages.
- Task lists and operations.
- Maintenance plans and items.
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis: Use failure modes based on probability to prioritize the severity of an impact. Allows identification, evaluations and suggestions against potential failures.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance: Improve maintenance strategies as an industry standard, with advanced checklists that enable users to create dynamic questionnaires.
- Digital Twin: Offers a tailored and graphical representation of a physical object or asset that uses machine learning and visualization to monitor performance or a product lifecycle. Also supports new business models.
User feedback at the time of this review indicates that some of the product limitations include:
- Doesn’t offer a user-friendly interface.
- Frequent performance issues.
- Steep learning curve.
mail_outlineEmail: Not specified. Expert chat available.
phonePhone: Schedule a live 30-minute call with an expert.
schoolTraining: The SAP learning and training framework is a broad network of learning resources for subscribers. Users can explore the knowledge base, take live classes and more.
local_offerTickets: Report an incident on the My Support page of the website.
SAP EAM Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product