What is Oracle EAM?
Industry Specialties: Asset-intensive Industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Oracle EAM
- Improve Productivity: Real-time analytics lets users stay on-task with up-to-the-minute priorities, and advanced preventive maintenance schedules keep techs organized.
- Express Work Orders: The express work order feature communicates necessary work from field to system. This compaction of work orders facilitates quick reporting on all transactions needed for work execution.
- Manage Inventory Flow: Users can proactively monitor inventory and spare parts levels to ensure new inventory is ordered on time and to prevent overstocking.
- Maintenance Library: Users can create a library of preventive maintenance procedures that allow technicians to easily adhere to standards and prevents lapses in maintenance that could cause costly downtime or repairs. This also covers you in the case of audits as it keeps a detailed record of performed maintenance tasks.
- Robust Fleet Management: Users can improve service and ensure reliability through fleet-specfic planning, order management and optimization features.
- Facilities Management: Users can establish concrete relationships between assets and facilities, groups, techs, etc. and keep detailed records of those relationships.
- Easy Integration: Oracle offers one of the most sprawling and robust collections of business software on the market, so users can quickly and easily integrate different systems in order to reduce inefficiency caused by system switching and data entry.
Oracle EAM specializes providing asset lifecycle support in asset-heavy industries such as mining, manufacturing, metals, pulp and paper, education and petrochemicals.
- Asset Lifecycle Management: This module helps align the value chain throughout your organization. Demand-driven spares reduce excess stock; maintenance management allows users to proactively perform routine maintenance on a set schedule; MRO materials can be tracked and organized electronically, keeping stockrooms organized and ensuring they are present for use when needed.
- Work Order Management: Users can schedule, assign, perform, complete and close work orders through an intuitive interface on static or mobile devices.
- Inventory Management: Oracle EAM effectively manages the flow of goods into and out of the facility. This includes hazardous materials and prevents inventory shortages or costly ordering mistakes.
- Maintenance Management: Lets users implement a preventive maintenance program in order to improve efficiency and asset lifecycle including decreased downtime and fewer repairs.
- Vehicle Management: Dispatch, track and communicate with a fleet of vehicles directly through Oracle’s asset management platform. Users can assign drivers to vehicles and other equipment, track vehicles and measure vehicle financial performance.
- Facilities Management: Users can use Oracle EAM to monitor both physical assets and facility maintenance tasks.
- Integrations: Oracle EAM integrates with every other Oracle E-Business Suite product such as Oracle ERP, Oracle IOT Asset Monitoring Cloud Service, Oracle Analytics Cloud, etc.
LimitationsSome of the product limitations include:
- The solution is relatively expensive
- Has limited usability for SMBs and is more suited for large enterprises
- It’s a complex solution that requires intensive training and internal IT support
- Oracle eAM provides a limited set of analysis and reporting formats
- Relatively limited features in Material Requisition/Procurement module
Oracle Enterprise Asset Management Suite SupportOracle’s E-Business Suite comes with a range of support options and features. To access most of them, you simply log in to the “My Oracle Support” page. There are also many documents available to help Oracle users including an implementation guide, user guide, etc. Users can purchase a sliding scale of support packages:
- Sustaining Support: The most basic package includes 24/7 service requests, major product updates, as well as access to the My Oracle Support system and knowledge base.
- Extended Support: Includes all “Sustaining” features as well as access to proprietary “Platinum” services.
- Premier Support: Includes all previous services with the addition of certification with most new third-party products, which allows wider integration capabilities.
Cost of Ownership for Oracle EAM
Maintenance cost is included in the subscription cost for both on-premise and cloud-based solution. Users have access to Oracle Premier Support:
The “My Oracle Support” portal allows users to download software updates, request tech support and communicate with other Oracle customers
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system.|