What is Oracle EAM?
Industry Specialties: Asset-intensive industries like manufacturing, mining, metals, paper, facilities, education, petrochemicals, etc.
Oracle Enterprise Asset Management is an asset monitoring and maintenance solution that offers organizations capabilities to manage maintenance processes for assets and inventory. It helps users perform a range of tasks including planning and optimizing maintenance activities, improving asset lifespans, streamlining work orders and tracking all asset-related tasks.
It also replaces spreadsheets, aggregates different data repositories and enables proactive rather than reactive maintenance.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Oracle EAM?
Key differentiators & advantages of Oracle EAM
- Improve Productivity: Stay on task with updated priorities that use real-time analytics. Advanced preventive maintenance schedules keep techs organized.
- Express Work Orders: Communicate necessary work from field to system with quick reporting on all transactions needed for work execution.
- Manage Inventory Flow: Prevent overstocking by monitoring inventory and spare parts levels proactively to ensure timely delivery of new inventory.
- Catalogue Maintenance Information: Create a library of preventive maintenance procedures that adhere to standards and prevent lapses in maintenance to avoid costly downtime or repairs. Keeping a detailed record of performed maintenance tasks ensures appropriate information for audits.
- Robust Fleet Management: Improve service and reliability through fleet-specific planning, order management and optimization features.
- Facilities Management: Establish concrete relationships between assets and facilities, groups, techs and more, keeping detailed records of the relationships.
- Boost Productivity: Reduce inefficiency caused by screen switching and data entry by integrating quickly with different systems.
Can be leveraged for asset lifecycle support in asset-heavy industries such as mining, manufacturing, metals, pulp and paper, and more.
- Asset Lifecycle Management: Align the value chain with demand-driven spares to reduce excess stock. Maintenance management allows users to proactively perform routine maintenance. Track and organise MRO materials electronically to keep stockrooms ready.
- Work Order Management: Schedule, assign, perform, complete and close work orders through an intuitive interface on static or mobile devices.
- Inventory Management: Manage the flow of goods, including hazardous materials, to prevent inventory shortages or costly ordering mistakes.
- Maintenance Management: Implement a preventive maintenance program to improve efficiency and asset lifecycle to reduce downtime and repairs.
- Vehicle Management: Dispatch, track and communicate with a fleet of vehicles. Assign drivers, track vehicles and other equipment, and measure vehicle financial performance.
- Facilities Management: Monitor both physical assets and facility maintenance tasks.
- Integrations: Supports a more robust software ecosystem via integration with other Oracle E-Business Suite products like Oracle ERP, Oracle IOT Asset Monitoring Cloud Service and Oracle Analytics Cloud.
Some of the product limitations, which are based on user feedback and accurate at the time of this review, include:
- Takes some time to get used to.
- Difficult integration.
- Requires intensive training and internal IT support.
A sliding scale of support packages are offered:
- Sustaining Support: The most basic package includes 24/7 service requests, major product updates, as well as access to the My Oracle Support system and knowledge base.
- Extended Support: Includes all “Sustaining” features as well as access to proprietary “Platinum” services.
- Premier Support: Includes all previous services with the addition of certification with most new third-party products, which allows wider integration capabilities.
mail_outlineEmail: Not specified.
phonePhone: Accessible through the My Oracle Support page once logged in.
schoolTraining: Oracle University provides a range of training programs. Advanced learning and certification courses, guided learning courses, the Launchpad program and interactive learning experiences also available.
local_offerTickets: Submit through the My Oracle Support interface.
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|