What is Infor EAM?
Industry Specialties: Construction, Chemicals, Manufacturing, and more
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Infor EAM
- Optimize Asset Lifecycle Management: By compiling data collected from assets like warranties, cost history, location, meters and repair records, users can maximize their productivity and optimize asset lifespan.
- Task Grouping: The system offers the option to group related tasks (e.g., similar location, similar assets, similar repair parts needed, etc.) in the same work order to improve efficiency.
- Improve Fleet Productivity and ROI: Users can process warranties, manage fuel and improve overall cost-per-mile savings of their vehicles by utilizing Infor’s vehicle performance module. This feature offers preventive maintenance and organized record-keeping in a convenient interface.
- Improve Facility Management: Infor’s facility management capabilities let users see in an intuitive interface how their equipment, locations and systems relate to each other. They can define as well as plan maintenance activities according to asset hierarchies to ensure priority repairs are performed first.
- Efficiently Manage Maintenance Tasks: Preventive maintenance is crucial to maintaining asset health, but that maintenance is worthless if users forget to schedule it or perform it unnecessarily. The maintenance scheduling feature of Infor EAM helps users keep track of scheduled maintenance, schedule tasks to trigger based on predefined metrics and auto-schedule maintenance.
Infor specializes in mid-sized organizations and enterprises. Some industries it serves are Construction, Chemicals, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Transportation, Municipalities, Facilities, Healthcare, Oil and Gas, Hospitality, and Public Sector.
- Asset Lifecycle Management: Users can identify, track, locate and analyze physical asset data like meter usage. This data is stored in an asset profile that can be pulled up as needed and drawn from when generating reports.&strong;
- Work Orders: The solution lets users generate work orders to track work performed on assets. These can be set to include multiple assets or be restricted to a single piece of equipment. Users can assign work orders to individual technicians for completion.
- Inventory Management: This feature monitors and controls inventory levels like spare parts. It automates the purchasing process, streamlining the process of reordering frequently used inventory.
- Maintenance Management: Preventive maintenance tasks can be scheduled on a fixed date, during a flexible time period or to trigger based on metered usage. These tasks are tracked by revision control and allows managers to require authorization for certain escalation (e.g., marking a work order "complete").
- Vehicle Management: Infor’s vehicle maintenance reporting (VMR) codes and additional customer fields help users track their fleets and vehicle maintenance.
- Maintain, Repair, Overhaul (MRO): Users can mark equipment as "to be repaired" and track its location. This is especially useful if you have a location where all items in line for refurbishment are stored. Users can perform a search for these assets in the system and pull up real-time location information.
Some of the product limitations include:
- The solution is complex and involves a steep learning curve
- The mobile app takes up considerable space and tends to drain battery quickly
- The solution doesn’t allow users to build custom reports independently
- It’s difficult to cross-reference information such as work orders to parts and requires support from the backend support team
- Doesn’t support industries such as services, education and others
- Infor EAM isn’t compatible with Windows and BlackBerry devices
Infor Enterprise Asset Management Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Infor EAM
|Installation/Implementation Cost||For both types of deployment, cost is over and above the upfront/subscription cost|
|Customization Cost||Cost varies depending on the applications and modules added, based on UI changes, configurable dashboards, data elements required for tracking, complexity of data, etc.|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||Dependent on model opted – annual lease or own in perpetuity|