What is PowerDMS?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
The PowerDMS Training Management platform allows organizations to conduct online training as well as classroom courses via their SaaS solution. The software supports the creation and administration of tests to ensure retention. It also facilitates compliance and accreditation by generating certifications for completed courses.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use PowerDMS?
Key differentiators & advantages of PowerDMS
- User-Friendly Interface: PowerDMS provides an intuitive experience that’s suitable for non-technical users. The software doesn’t have unnecessary features, making it simple to use.
- Automation: You can configure the settings to send out reminders to users when training is required. The system also has the option to automatically score tests and log the training.
- Accreditation Support: Training records, lesson plans, certificates and other documents simplify the accreditation process.
- Training Flexibility: Offering online courses enables learners to work through material after hours. This prevents the training from taking away from on-the-job training and provides convenience for employees.
- Blended Learning: Your organization can conduct a blend of online and classroom training. PowerDMS supports the in-person format by publishing and collecting course registrations.
- Free Trial: PowerDMS offers a 14-day free trial. Your organization can test real-world scenarios to determine if the system is a good fit for your needs.
PowerDMS’s training management software is used by companies across multiple sectors, such as healthcare, education, law enforcement, corrections and fire/EMS. Clients include Miami University and the Arkansas State Police.
- Course Management: This feature lets you create courses using a WYSIWYG editor. Course elements include documents, videos, presentations, audio files, surveys and more. The system also supports embedding videos and web pages. You can divide a course into sections for individual offerings, such as different times for a classroom setting. Drag-and-drop capability lets you reorder individual course elements as needed. Courses can be archived and restored.
- Tests: PowerDMS lets you customize test components such as if the test is timed or untimed, whether it’s pass/fail or graded, the due date, number of retakes and if the test is open book. You can add images and text boxes, create a question bank, set mandatory questions, and preview the test before publishing.
- Reports: You can generate reports that show metrics such as who has taken training and who hasn’t. Reports can also document the type and amount of training each employee has received, associated costs of your training, a summary of credit hours and more.
- Certifications: Once employees complete courses, you can award them with certifications to designate that they’ve received the required job training.
- Surveys: This feature enables your organization to gather employee feedback. The software supports different question types, such as true/false and multiple choice. You can assign surveys directly to individuals or include them in a course.
- Content Hub: This tool allows PowerDMS users to connect with other PowerDMS sites, known as Publisher Sites, for the purpose of accessing and sharing content. You can import single files or entire folders, and the system supports bulk import. If a document in the Publisher site changes, you can update the imported document in a few clicks. Automatic emails notify you when content in the Publisher site has been added or updated.
PowerDMS Suite Support
Service desk support is available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. For self-service options, the PowerDMS success community gives users access to a knowledge base of help articles. Topics range from course and test creation to student management and security. There are also webinar recordings on a variety of subjects.
mail_outlineEmail: The PowerDMS support team can be reached via email at [email protected]
phonePhone: Telephone support is available by calling (888) 959-5158.
schoolTraining: PowerDMS provides training to existing customers through its ProLearn Professional Services offering. Organizations can choose between remote and onsite learning or consultation. Both remote and onsite training include a live instructor and content chosen by the organization. Use cases range from training on an upgraded version of the software to administrator training. Remote training is charged hourly while onsite training is sold by the day (eight hours minimum).