What is System Center 2012 R2?
With System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager, you can manage PCs and servers, keeping software up-to-date, setting configuration and security policies, and monitoring system status while giving your employees access to corporate applications on the devices that they choose.
Benefits and Insights
Why use System Center 2012 R2?
Key differentiators & advantages of System Center 2012 R2
- Users can install applications from a Company Portal which is consistent across devices and platforms.
- Provides automatic VPN, Wi-Fi profiles, and authentication settings and manages and distributes certificates, giving end users access to company resources.
- Enables you to manage Windows PCs, Macs, and Unix/Linux servers, as well as mobile devices running Windows Phone, iOS, and Android – all through a single infrastructure and administrative console.
- Improves functionality by setting and enforcing configurations, triggering console alerts, providing richer reporting, and utilizing pre-built industry standard baseline templates. IT also gains visibility into at-risk devices through jailbreak and root detection for iOS and Android.
- Integrates desktop security and compliance management to protect against malware through System Center 2012 R2 Endpoint Protection, remediate vulnerabilities, and deploy updates.
- Lowers the number of physical servers and primary and secondary sites and provides scalability enhancements. Uses in-console monitoring to track software distribution and report on infrastructure utilization to help reduce cost and complexity.
- Enables IT to provide applications to people while defining the best delivery mechanism for each application to a device based on the platform being used. Provides the ability to differentiate application installs between corporate and personal devices.
- It Identifies which devices are not up-to-date; delivers and installs the required updates and reports.
- Enables IT to access tools and information based on scope of activity and span of control
- Provides support for PXE-initiated, multi-cast network-based installations, stand-alone media, and pre-staged media deployment.
- Offers an in-console view of client health, threshold-based console alerts, hardware/software inventory and status, and remediation.