What is Symantec Endpoint Encryption?
Symantec Endpoint Encryption, powered by PGP technology provides organizations with strong full-disk and removable media encryption and the ability to integrate with Symantec Data Loss Prevention. Intuitive management enables enterprise scale deployments and features compliance-based, out-of-the-box reporting plus customizable reports. Management capabilities include support for native OS encryption (FileVault2) and Opal compliant self-encrypting drives.
Benefits and Insights
Why use Symantec Endpoint Encryption?
Key differentiators & advantages of Symantec Endpoint Encryption
- User-Friendly – Installation and registration is completely transparent to users, while CPU utilization during initial encryption is minimized to ensure that users can continue being productive while encryption happens in the background.
- Flexible – Support multi-user deployments in both Active Directory and non-Active Directory environments.
- Collaborative – Users can access encrypted data on removable media safely even on systems without Symantec Endpoint Encryption installed.
- Scalable – Scalable management architecture easily adapts to small and large enterprise environments.
- Stronger Protection – Symantec’s market leading Data Loss Prevention (DLP) software integrates with removable media encryption to analyze data before it’s transferred and automatically encrypt sensitive outgoing data.