What is SugarCRM?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
SugarCRM is a comprehensive platform for effectively managing the customer lifecycle. A suite of modules provide the tools needed to support each stage of the funnel so your organization can locate prospects, nurture leads, close more deals and retain customers. The program’s capabilities include quote management, forecasting and campaign management.
The software supports multiple currencies and 35 languages with the option to develop support for additional languages. The tool also offers a mobile app for phones and tablets. Mobile functionality includes filters, dynamic search, GPS mapping, click-to-text, click-to-call and offline sync for continued access without a network connection. The interface is customizable and the system can integrate with mobile device management solutions.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use SugarCRM?
Key differentiators & advantages of SugarCRM
- Improve Productivity: Streamline regular tasks by integrating SugarCRM with your email and calendar applications. You can archive customer communications and quickly sync email information with various modules in the CRM. The calendar module brings sales rep activities like calls and meetings into a central location for easy tracking.
- Provide an Exceptional Customer Care Experience: SugarCRM offers a module for knowledge base management. With it, you’ll be able to create and manage a repository of categorized, searchable help articles, which customers can access from the self-service portal. The software allows you to create an article based on support case details. It also comes with stock fields you can modify based on your needs.
- Customize and Configure the System: Customize the system to match your needs, including elements like layouts, modules and plugins. Creating custom layouts, fields and relationships doesn’t require code. There’s also the option to build custom modules. And admins have the ability to configure the software’s core functionality at a system or module level.
- Stay Informed About Activities: The software aggregates all activities into a single stream. This lets you monitor record updates as well as create and comment on posts, among other things. You can access an activity stream from several different screens and configure which items you see.
- Accelerate Customer Service Resolution Times: Enable your customers to create tickets, upload info and follow cases till they’re resolved. They can also update their info via the self-service portal. You can create FAQ and knowledge base sections for self-service, reducing the number of calls your support team needs to handle. It’s also possible to configure the user journey, giving your customers a user-friendly experience.
- Automate Processes: Keep work flowing with SugarBPM™, a workflow engine that allows you to build and apply automated business processes. It has a visual interface for designing workflows, alongside tools that speed up troubleshooting and dashboards that let you save snapshots of tasks and workflows.
- Maintain Security: With this feature, you can manage access privileges using a combination of roles and team membership settings. A user’s permissions are based on what role they’re assigned and control which modules and fields they have access to. At a higher level, team membership designates which records a user can view.
- Find Information Quickly: Access the data you need using filters and tags for fast searching. Searches can be done globally or within a single module. The interface allows you to select which modules to include in global search results and change those selections as your needs shift. With filters, you can locate data using various criteria. Tags are phrases or keywords you group together to organize information, which you can then access via the Tags module.
SugarCRM’s thousands of clients represent a diverse range of sectors such as manufacturing & distribution, business services, retail, telecommunications, travel, energy and financial services. A-list customers include IBM, T-Mobile and Audi.
- Quote Management: SugarCRM lets you manage all aspects of customer quotes. A drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to build quotes while grouping options help categorize quoted items in an organized fashion. The tool also includes out-of-the-box customization for formulas and field calculations.
- Reports and Dashboards: View real-time data for a number of metrics, such as leads, opportunities and sales rep performance. You can also view data like sales trends, customer profiles based on different criteria and case reports. Customization for reports and charts lets you analyze the most important KPIs.
- Sales Forecasting: Forecasting models include likely, best case and worst case. The system supports what-if scenarios for more accurate predictability and uses past revenue as the basis for sales predictions. Use the worksheet to monitor sales team performance and assign quotas. Customization options make it possible to handle complex sales cycles and situations like staggered or recurring purchases.
- Campaign Management: Get multi-channel support and streamline every aspect of your marketing campaigns. Benchmarking allows you to see what works and what doesn’t, and the system gathers campaign performance data for measurement and real-time updates. It also captures email metrics such as bounce rate, click-through rate and open rate. Web forms collect visitor info and don’t require technical knowledge to use.
- Lead Management: You can segment leads based on source, channel, industry or other factors. Route leads to the right sales rep based on the business rules you define and automate the handoff from marketing to sales for an efficient process. Data insights show you channel profitability and let you track campaign effectiveness. After running a successful campaign, you can replicate it in a few steps.
- Case Management and Bug Tracking: Equip your customer service team to efficiently and accurately handle customer cases. The tool shows all cases per account and lets you create reminders for fast resolution. Priority levels help agents respond quickly to the most urgent cases. The system also measures KPIs like customer satisfaction and response times. With bug tracking, agents can view details including resolution status. In addition, you can track product problems and bug frequency.
- Project Management: This feature brings project management functionality into SugarCRM. You have the ability to create projects for tasks like campaigns and customer cases. The tool includes common project management features such as Gantt charts, task management and dashboards. It also allows you to manage emails, calls and more from one spot, as well as store call records.
- Integrations: SugarCRM integrates with many popular Google apps, including Gmail, Docs, and Drive. The system also supports social media integration so your company can engage with customers more effectively. Integrations with several online meeting platforms like GoToMeeting and WebEx allow you start, schedule or join meetings directly from SugarCRM.
- Limited import tool features and storage capacity
- Doesn’t offer robust mobile app functionality
- Lacks integration with Salesforce’s B2B marketing automation tool, Pardot
- Doesn’t provide a calendar synchronization feature
- Accessing sales reports requires navigating through multiple pages
- Doesn’t offer exhaustive reporting functionality
The options listed below apply if you purchase a license directly from SugarCRM. If you purchase a license through a partner, you’ll need to contact the partner for any support requests. You can purchase extended support for additional services, including assistance if you run the system past the end-of-life date.
mail_outlineEmail: The support portal is the best way to contact the support team. However, you can also email them at [email protected] Three centers provide local support for the U.S., EMEA and APAC. Business hours are Monday through Friday, not including major regional holidays: 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. PST (U.S.), 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. CET (EMEA) and 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. AEST (APAC). You can also browse the knowledge base for articles that cover everything from reports to workflows or turn to the SugarCRM community for help with questions.
phonePhone: Phone support is a paid service.
schoolTraining: Free, self-guided resources include technical articles, how-to videos sorted by user type and software edition, and professional documentation for version 7.9 and above. For courses, you can use Sugar University, which offers free training via live webinars and an eLearning format. There’s also a certification program available.
local_offerTickets: To submit a ticket, log in to SugarCRM and navigate to the case portal.
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 1126 reviews: