What is SAP CRM?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP CRM
- Single Customer View: Create personalized experiences by leveraging data from multiple channels and continuous updates for new interactions. A dashboard displays information from sources such as CRM, ERP, social media and more. Conduct granular analysis for sentiment engagement, customer journey insights and more via filtering.
- Budget Planning: View graphical budget totals for different regions, analyze historical data and drill into specific budgets to make adjustments. Summarized campaign views allow detailed planning for marketing spend. Integration with procurement and finance tools provides a status overview in real time.
- Audience Identification: See which contacts are best to target with campaign targets and which are ready to buy immediately. Assess the locations and interests of various customer segments with a global map and tag cloud. Easily create segments using a drag-and-drop interface.
- Multichannel Campaigns: Leverage trigger-based campaigns across social media, paid search and more with a range of messages to more accurately target audience interests and stages. Real-time metrics give insight into campaign performance, enabling in-campaign adjustments that improve ROI.
- Centralized Inventory View: Receive a comprehensive view of inventory and track all new orders and their accompanying details, such as delivery mode, pickup location and status. Give customers the ability to buy online and pick up or return in-store.
- Unified Customer Experience: Drive 24/7 support across all channels with AI-based chatbots that have advanced language processing to facilitate natural conversations. Customer service agents have access to the chat thread for full context in case of a query transfer, as well as a single UI to simplify activities. Integrate with SAP Commerce Cloud to provide chat, email, video chat and phone tools for online shops.
- Real-Time Insights: Cut costs and focus efforts on the most profitable campaigns via campaign performance analysis. Out-of-the-box reports show KPIs for key channels including email and Facebook, with a rich set of metrics available.
- Extensive Integrations: Extend functionality using the SAP Cloud Platform, which comes with over 150 pre-built connectors and an extension factory. Build and deploy apps or use the 1,000+ apps developed by SAP partners.
- Lead and Account-Based Marketing: Offered in SAP Marketing Cloud and caters specifically to B2B environments.
- Includes visual tools such as a shared calendar for campaigns and a dashboard that displays budgets and costs in real time.
- Provides intelligent scoring, profiling and geospatial data, showing which accounts to focus on.
- Syncs account interactions with SAP Sales Cloud.
- Uses machine learning to analyze contact behavior, classify and rank contacts, as well as spot segments with similar behavior.
- Experience Management: This WYSIWYG tool supports web page creation and editing, as well as enables the creation of one design suitable for use on mobile devices, tablets and desktops. Includes the option to embed banners and promotions, along with personalizing different elements.
- Product Content Management: Offers a central interface for managing products and catalogs that can serve as a master product database. Equipped with bulk editing, support for multiple product attributes and multilingual functionality.
- Sales Automation: Provides a central platform for account and opportunity management that stores data in a single place for easy availability and increased visibility. Capabilities include quarterly revenue forecasting and lead scoring.
- Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ): Handles complex quotes via an intuitive interface.
- Allows sales reps to generate quotes quickly and supports a variety of price books for offering the most effective discounts.
- Assists with onboarding via embedded intelligence and can guide reps toward products that customers are more likely to buy.
- Includes margin protection guardrails and automatic approval triggers.
- Sales Performance Management: Includes:
- Simple setup with a drag-and-drop interface.
- Built-in rules library to compare, test and launch promotions and plans from one interface.
- Calculations for a range of criteria, territories, teams or verticals.
- Automatic calculation of bonuses and commissions.
- A mobile app for reps, with a range of functionalities such as accelerators and a what-if calculator.
- Augmented intelligence tool that prescribes recommendations for compensation plans.
- Augmented Intelligence: Can be deployed without requiring the help of data scientists. Leverages AI and machine learning to automatically detect outliers, make selling suggestions that boost revenue and more.
- Doesn’t support the automatic creation of sales orders.
- Lacks stability.
- Limited workflow capabilities.
- Isn’t adaptive for new non-technical users.
- High cost of customization.
- Courses cover topics on marketing, sales, e-commerce, service and customer data.
- Instructor-led training (ILT) and self-paced formats are offered, with the option to enroll in single courses or select the academy option for bundled courses.
- A yearly subscription to SAP Learning Hub offers continual access to eLearning courses, expert-led sessions, online classes and social learning rooms.
- Certifications available.
SAP CRM Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
SAP’s CRM products provide a rich set of features to aid the customer lifecycle. Users highly approve of its seamless integration, tracking and reporting features. Additionally, automation makes work easier and enhances productivity. However, using workflows can be time-consuming, and the software isn’t very intuitive. It’s also very pricey to implement. It’s best suited for companies, particularly enterprises, with heavy sales, marketing and delivery usage, as well as advanced, complex needs.
Based on 516 reviews: