What is monday.com?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Monday.com uses a visual, collaborative approach to help teams within small and medium-sized businesses manage a variety of project types. Based in the cloud, it syncs all information in a single, accessible hub and has capabilities that eliminate manual entry errors. This enables team members to make important decisions together, keep track of details easily and deliver projects on time.
Organizations can customize it for many different needs, allowing the management of projects, tasks, people, ad campaigns, bug tracking, CRM, customer projects and more. Supported use cases include product management, marketing & PR, agile development and creative agencies.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use monday.com?
Key differentiators & advantages of monday.com
- Drive Fast Adoption: The platform is both intuitive and simple to use. This eliminates steep learning curves so your team can get up and running quickly.
- Use Flexible Workflows: The software enables you to create different layouts within tables (commonly referred to as boards) by using unique field types. Attachments, checkboxes, links to records, multiple selection dates and other options are available so you can configure tables to fit each project’s needs.
- Stay on Top of Details: A number of visual tools make it easy to get an overview of where projects stand and plan ahead. Monday.com includes the following ways to view information: calendar, chart, files, Kanban, map and timeline. You can also build and configure dashboards for high-level summaries and at-a-glance insights.
- Integrate With Your Favorite Apps: Monday.com supports integration with nearly 20 apps, including Dropbox, Excel, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Slack, Zapier, Integromat, Gmail, Zendesk, Outlook, GitHub and Dropbox. It also connects with other project management tools like Jira and Trello. It uses the REST JSON API, which allows you to handle cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) requests. An API token authenticates the requests.
- Save Time: The application comes with a range of workflow automations. You can configure the system to trigger actions based on given criteria, putting repetitive tasks on autopilot. Examples of what you can automate include notifications, status changes, recurring actions, due date reminders, item creation and dependency due date changes.
- Customize to Fit Your Needs: Monday.com is highly configurable. You can customize a board’s columns to capture whatever information you need — status, assignee, due dates, locations, text notes, links, numbers and more.
- Increase Collaboration: The “Updates” section of a task allows you to conduct individual and group conversations, while @mentions let you tag specific members. Anyone can attach files, either directly to messages or under the “Info Boxes” tab. The inbox feature provides a central view of all communications you’re following. Notifications can appear within the platform or go straight to your email. In addition, you can invite external collaborators as guests to view the boards they need access to.
Monday.com’s diverse client base of more than 83,000 teams can be found in 141 countries and is spread across more than 200 industries. Sectors represented include financial services, real estate, non-profit, electronics, media and entertainment, food, and software. Monday.com’s customer list features names like WeWork, The Discovery Channel, Fiverr, Frost & Sullivan, Philips and Wix.
- Visual Timeline: The timeline layout is monday.com’s version of a Gantt chart, though its capabilities differ somewhat. Most importantly, it doesn’t currently have a way to depict dependencies between items. However, a dependency setting ensures due date changes to an item automatically update across all dependent items. Timelines visually display the information from a board’s timeline column. You can toggle between different views based on the columns you’re using. Adjusting timeline durations and dates is a simple matter of dragging and dropping.
- Dashboards: This feature lets you aggregate project data into a single view. Widgets give you the ability to set up the dashboard with information you care about. The fifteen options include a battery for tracking progress, a countdown clock, a live stream of updates from boards, a team time tracker, a to-do list, a feed of updates that mentioned you and a “llama farm” to view status distribution for tasks.
- Kanban Layout: You can choose to set the Kanban view as the default board layout. The drag-and-drop interface lets you easily rearrange cards. All the information from your board — like conversation threads, status and whatever other columns you’re using — can be accessed and edited by clicking on the accompanying card.
- Mobile Apps: Monday.com can be used on iOS and Android devices, allowing team members to stay connected to their accounts from anywhere. Capabilities include adding columns, posts, updates and images as well as accessing projects and files.
- Reports: Although reports aren’t automated, they allow you to gain the big-picture view of key project information in real time. Basic options include using global search or looking at the progress, timeline or tag columns of a high-level board. At the individual board level, you can also use the board filter and select which values to include. The search and filter views have the option of exporting results to Excel. The chart view offers the greatest detail, allowing you to configure inputs and view data in bar, line and pie charts.
- Templates: Monday.com has dozens of pre-built templates to choose from. However, they merely provide a starting point and can be configured based on your team’s processes and individual project requirements.
- Pulses: Pulses in monday.com are equivalent to individual tasks, though they can represent anything you choose. A pulse can contain information configured specifically for a project — for example, timeline, priority, owner, status and other details. You can also add links and tags.
- Boards: Boards act as the main framework for organizing your project’s information. They give you the ability to structure individual items and groups of items based on project phase, duration (e.g., a single month) and other layouts. High-level boards provide an overview of your team’s work by combining all boards into a single, summarized view. You can set different access levels for boards, organize their order by dragging and dropping, and sort them into folders.
- Groups: This feature allows you to combine related pulses into sections on a board. Groups can represent any set of information you want. You can drag and drop to move pulses between groups. Each group is color-coded, and they only take a few clicks to create or delete.
- Security: Monday.com provides a secure and reliable environment for all its customers. They are GDPR compliant and ISO certified. Their security model covers all aspects of the platform.
- Column Center: This feature is a repository of all your columns, so you can view and choose which ones to use from a central location. You can also rank your favorite types so they’re readily available at the top of the list whenever you need them.
Monday.com Suite Support
Access to a dedicated account manager is available 24/7. Monday.com also has a set of tutorials that take you through the onboarding process step by step.
mail_outlineEmail: Reach the support team via email or by sending a message using the simple form on the “Contact Us” page.
phonePhone: Phone support is available by calling +1 (201) 778-4567.
schoolTraining: A knowledgebase offers free, self-guided articles. There are also webinars and video tutorials available. For paid training, you can turn to monday.com partners. Professional service topics include data migration, consulting and implementation, integrations, personalized training, and onboarding.
Top Competitors & Alternatives
Pricing for CRM Software
monday.com eliminates so many human errors from the process of planning and significantly speeds up our throughput as a department.