What is Less Annoying CRM?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Less Annoying CRM
- User-Friendly: Use a simple product made for small business users. The lack of unnecessary features keeps the interface uncluttered and removes the need for technical expertise to set up and use the system.
- Collaboration: Support as many users as needed. Each user receives personal login information, and permission settings help determine the level of access for every individual.
- Customization: Configure the system according to unique business requirements, be it significant setup changes or minor tweaks. Includes notifications, name and color scheme, pipeline fields, contact fields, and access permissions.
- Import and Export Capability: Import existing contacts list by uploading spreadsheets. One-click export helps keep offline copies that include notes, companies and contacts from the CRM.
- Data Security: Data is stored on Amazon’s infrastructure, backed up two different ways and comes with 256-bit encryption. Backup copies are stored in multiple locations.
- Free Trial: Test the software for 30 days to determine if it’s a good fit.
- Mobile Access: Use anywhere across tablets, desktops and smartphones via web browser, without syncing or installing an app.
- Contact Management: Store all contacts, including individuals or businesses, in a central place. Filter the views to quickly find or group certain types of contacts. Each individual record houses company and contact info, an activity list, files, notes and pipeline status.
- Pipeline Management: Includes four default pipeline stages, with the option to add more. Use editable templates for specific pipelines, such as orders, projects, billing and other scenarios. When adding contacts to a pipeline, it’s possible to include a task, such as following up on a specific day.
- Workspace: Acts as a summary dashboard, with an overview of all necessary information, from the day’s events and tasks to a pipeline report and an activity feed.
- Groups: Segment contacts into different groups, attach them to an existing group or create a new one. To email a particular segment, connect Less Annoying CRM to Mailchimp and then sync an audience in Mailchimp to a specific group. Groups can be public or private.
- Built-in Calendar: Create events and tasks within the platform via the calendar feature. Subcalendars permit greater categorization by grouping elements, such as having separate subcalendars for different levels of task priorities. Calendar sharing and sync with Google Calendar are supported.
- Email Log and Agenda: Store email conversations and attach them to the corresponding contact records for a complete history of interactions. Choose to receive a daily email with a checklist of any scheduled events and tasks.
- Integrations: Connects with third-party apps to add capabilities like lead forms, call tracking and logging, invoicing, and more. Native integrations include Mailchimp, Google Calendar and Google Contacts, while integrating with LeadsBridge and Pie Sync grants access to hundreds more apps, such as QuickBooks, Facebook Lead Ads and Shopify. Using third-party apps or Mailchimp incurs extra costs.
- Lacks integrations with systems such as Constant Contact and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Integration with Mailchimp and Outlook are limited.
- Lacks a dedicated mobile app.
Less Annoying CRM Suite Support
Less Annoying CRM Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros and cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Less Annoying CRM’s straightforward design caters to small business users, making it easy to use and eliminating much of the learning curve that comes with more advanced CRM platforms. It’s easy to customize, the customer support is strong and the platform is quite inexpensive as well, as noted by most reviewers. However, it lacks a robust mobile app and some important integrations. Overall, it’s an efficient system for small businesses looking for basic CRM functionality without unnecessary bells and whistles.
Based on 739 reviews: