What is Microsoft Dynamics 365?
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Increase sales success – Streamline sales cycles and improve win rates with lead and opportunity management, automated lead routing, sales process management, competitor tracking and mobility options for your road warriors.
- Improve sales qualification – Target efforts to the right leads and prospects, establish consistent follow-up processes and automate sales activities with powerful system workflows.
- Improve customer service - Create a centralized, customizable view of your customer information, interaction and service history, so that your service level never misses.
- Tie marketing to sales and ROI – Microsoft Dynamics CRM offers a complete solution from campaign management, e-mail sends and lead capture, and allows your organization to manage to closed sale and customer service – providing greater power to focus on the best areas for return on investment.
- Manage specialized processes – Microsoft Dynamics CRM isn’t just a sales and marketing automation tool. It stands out in the marketplace as a platform that can help you manage any type of interaction and process, whether it be recruitment, a busy healthcare practice or a public call center.
- Provide tools for the way your team works – Microsoft CRM includes three out-of-the-box end-user experiences with each license or subscription. Access the solution via mobile unit, internet browser or inside of Microsoft Office Outlook. That means that however your team works, they can manage customer e-mail, appointments, tasks and contacts from a single, easy-to-understand business application.
Typical cost structure for Microsoft Dynamics CRM:
- User-based subscription licensing (USL)model offering both On-Premise and Cloud-based/SaaS installation. MS Dynamics CRM Online offers five levels of USLs (refer pricing section for details)
- The solution also offers add-on subscription licenses (add-on USLs)
- MS Dynamics CRM Online offers various licensing programs – based on the size of the organization. The vendor provides an option to the organization to increase or decrease subscription count on an annual basis with a non-perpetual license based on a three-year subscription agreement
- MS Dynamics CRM Online does not support device-based licensing
- MS Dynamics CRM does not include licenses for other products that may be essential or required for installation. Users need to purchase product licenses separately
- MS Dynamics CRM provides dual use rights which give users the option to deploy the solution either in Microsoft cloud as CRM Online or in a private On-Premise or partner-hosted cloud with the CRM server. Users can deploy both types of instances simultaneously
|Installation/Implementation Cost||For both types of deployments, cost is included in the upfront cost/subscription cost|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||For both On-Premise and Cloud-based/SaaS solution, cost will vary depending on the amount of data to be migrated, extracting data from an old system, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||For both types of deployments, cost will be based on the number of user licenses purchased, additional USLs purchased, additional storage, optional add-ons, upgrades, maintenance and premium support services opted for.|
|Subscriber-based Professional License Cost||
|Subscriber-based Basic License Cost||
|Subscriber-based Essential License Cost||
|Subscriber-based Enterprise License Cost||
|Deployment Options||What options are available for product deployment?||
|Pricing Model||What is the pricing model?||Subscription-based licensing|
|Minimum Commitment||Is there a minimum monthly or yearly commitment required for purchase?||
|Custom Quote||Can you get a custom quote?||Yes|
|Free Trial||Does the vendor provide a free trial option?||Available (for 30 days for MS Dynamics CRM Online for up to 25 users through Microsoft Online Services)|
Some of the product limitations include:
- Implementation process can be time-consuming and cumbersome
- Complex system requiring a lot of training support for understanding the solution
- Navigation through different reporting elements is challenging
- Does not support exhaustive reporting capability. Users cannot create intuitive custom reports
- Does not import a CSV file of contacts
- Requires installation by MS Gold Support Partner and signing a support agreement is mandatory
Salesforce CRM: Starting at $25/user/month
Oracle Siebel: Starting at $400/named user license
NetSuite CRM+: Starting at $79/user/month