What is Jonas Construction Software?
Industry Specialties: Serves construction industries
Jonas Construction is an integrated construction and service management solution designed for mechanical, general, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and specialty trade contractors, design builders, home builders and real estate and land developers. Its inclusions can help users grow and manage their operations. It is customizable and adaptable to users’ business needs.
It provides two types of packages, Enterprise and Premier. Jonas Enterprise is suitable for mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing, general contractors, excavators and heavy highway and special contractors. Jonas Premier has been designed for general contractors, design builders, home builders and land developers.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Jonas Construction Software?
Key differentiators & advantages of Jonas Construction Software
- Improves Efficiency: It encourages paperless organization and helps users log in online, eliminating the need for paper timesheets. It gathers data on hours worked and uses it to complete payroll processes. Whenever corrections are needed, an alert can be sent to the manager or technician.
- Improves Data Accuracy: Its timesheets support double entry of hours, reducing errors. It has a single point of entry, and technician expenses and hours are entered automatically, avoiding the need to re-key data.
- Granular Reporting: It tracks job levels and financials that integrate into the supplier code. Users can drill into financial details to create consolidated reports for all companies. It allows financial reporting and complete management using templates.
- Security: It restricts access to information and who can post. Users can configure their employees’ access levels. The ability to generate reports can be given to certain employees.
- Complete Audit Trails: It gives users a view of financial transactions to analyze irregularities that may not have been identified. Financial details can be recorded and summarized in the general ledger. Audit trails are recorded throughout the process.
- Multiple Accounting Periods: Jonas Construction suite recognizes prepaid expenses and revenue across various general ledger periods. Users can maintain their financial records in an organized way with its ability to create subledgers.
- Control Accounts Payable and Receivables: This feature helps users handle the cash flow process and control account payable. The accounts receivable is integrated with job costing, service billing, general ledger and construction billing with real-time tracking and reporting.
- Multi-Division and Multi-Company Accounting: It helps users manage financial information across multiple divisions and companies with intercompany accounting.
- Flexible Billing Options: Billing can be completed with service billing or through service contracts. It has a contract module that can be used to create bills for services or rentals and track repair costs for that contract. Users can bill their customers and improve cash flows.
- Automatic Renewals: Users can create service contracts automatically at set intervals. Users can create reports and run inquiries for upcoming contracts. These reports help users identify the equipment that needs servicing to ensure customer satisfaction.
Thousands use Jonas Construction across 12 industries in North America. It was acquired by Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) and is associated with groups like the Ottawa Construction Association, CFMA, ASHRAE, Toronto Construction Association and more. Its development partners are IBM and Microsoft and it has 34 technology partners like AboutTime, Allpriser, B2W and more.
- Accounting: All aspects of the software are integrated with the accounting module, eliminating manual errors and double-entry. Users can view their expenses and income in real time as Jonas keeps financial data up-to-date.
- Job Costing: Jonas Construction manages, tracks and analyzes job progress. It lets users access job details easily and quickly to facilitate informed decisions. This feature also gives users cost updates from other modules like inventory, payroll and accounts payable.
- Dispatch Scheduling: This feature helps users streamline their operations and boost productivity. It has drag-and-drop capabilities and sends new jobs via GPS routing to technicians. Technicians can complete assigned work orders from the field, and their job details get integrated with payroll.
- Job Scheduling: This feature creates, manages and updates job schedules. Users can schedule equipment and labor simultaneously and view all relevant timeline information. It uses the Gantt chart format that displays the schedule for every project.
- Reporting: Users can measure all aspects of their business by generating job, service person, vehicle, asset, work order and high-level reports. It generates consolidated reports on profitability, costs, utilization, revenue and expenses.
- Document Management: With this feature, users can reduce time spent searching for and filing documents. This tool helps users streamline everyday operations by storing documents by various criteria. Documents can be scanned, imported and uploaded from other applications.
- Equipment Management: This feature helps users assess equipment utilization and track associated expenses to maximize investments. It also helps track usage costs and revenue on work orders or projects.
- Inventory Management: This feature of Jonas Construction provides users with tools to track and manage inventory to minimize carrying and capital costs. It lets users manage inventory maintenance costs, reporting and stock levels.
- Payroll: Users can manage complex employee payroll, whether unionized, certified or non-unionized. It manages federal remittances, union requirements and reporting. They can process monthly, semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll and export it to third-party payroll software.
- Service Contract: This feature helps users complete their service contracts and keep track of them. It manages planned maintenance agreements. Its contract module helps users create bills for special customer rentals or services on a schedule.
- Purchase Order and Procurement: Users can order inventory items and receive items from their purchase orders. Users can use the purchase order module to create sub-contracts and customize forms.
- Invoicing: Jonas Construction facilitates quick billing with labor records. Users can make changes and add data that automatically get revised within the software. Fixed price invoicing is also available for quicker turnaround.
- Contract Change Orders: It has fully integratable job cost reporting, and it updates billing and sub-contracts automatically to eliminate duplicate entries.
- Daily Log: The daily log helps users track details of projects and job sites. This information can then be used to increase productivity. It tracks supervisors, materials, work performed, contacts, safety issues, weather conditions and subcontractor information.
- RFIS, Submittals and Transmittals: Jonas Construction lets users create, track and manage submittals, RFIs and transmittals. Users can complete RFIs from one location and attach it to a change notice and change order.
- Budgeting: It helps users plan and manage their finances. Users can create budgets for multiple divisions and companies. It also lets users create multiple budgets within the general ledger. It ensures that forecasts are precise for decision making.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Online modules are not available for all the procedures.
- Automatic updates are not available. They have to be done manually.
- Implementation of the software is time-consuming.
- Technicians cannot enter usage and field hours without an active internet connection.
- When creating invoices for a million dollars, commas don’t print. Users have to adjust them before sending the invoices out.
Jonas Construction Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Email [email protected] for sales, [email protected] for support and [email protected] for premium support.
phonePhone: Call 1-888-789-9073 for sales, 1-800-352-6647 for support and 1-844-253-3113 for premier client support.
schoolTraining: Jonas Construction has a host of brochures, case studies, videos, ebooks and webinars for their users. It also has a comprehensive training program that is customized based on the customer’s availability. They design specialized training with a focus on workflows and key roles. They also give certifications after users complete training.
local_offerTickets: Users can create a ticket by signing into the customer support portal.
Jonas Construction Software Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 146 reviews: