What is Maintenance Connection?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries that utilize physical assets
Founded by Accruent at the end of the millennium, Maintenance Connection is one of the largest names in maintenance and asset management software. It is both powerful and user friendly, providing an intuitive interface.
This full-featured solution offers the whole gamut of asset and maintenance management features that help users manage the life cycles of their physical assets. It comes in on-premise, cloud or hybrid deployments and is highly scalable to fit a diverse clientele.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Maintenance Connection?
Key differentiators & advantages of Maintenance Connection
- Extend Asset Lifespan: Through a combination of asset tracking, condition monitoring, predictive/preventive maintenance and more, this solution helps users keep assets operating at peak performance to the extent of their useful lifespan.
- Manage Maintenance: The solution offers calendar-based maintenance scheduling that facilitates preventive/predictive maintenance (PM) plans. Technicians can set the system to send automated reminders when routine maintenance is due, reducing the likelihood of crucial upkeep tasks falling through the cracks.
- Assign Asset Hierarchies: Users can assign a custom hierarchy to assets within the system. This helps technicians prioritize emergency repairs if multiple assets are damaged in, for example, a severe weather situation. These hierarchies help protect the most important assets and keep technicians on task.
- Reduce Asset Downtime and Failure: PM plans help reduce asset downtime by improving asset health awareness and reducing the wear and tear on equipment. This reduces unplanned downtime by keeping assets in peak condition and significantly decreases the chances of catastrophic failures.
- Improve Productivity: Speaking of reduced downtime, users can improve the productivity of both their labor pool and their organization as a whole through CMMS software. Work order management assigns tasks to individual technicians and streamlines the workflow from creation to completion to expedite the process.
- Improve ROI: When technicians are more efficient, assets are operational most of the time, and the chances of unexpected catastrophic failure (and the huge cost of asset replacement that often accompanies it) are significantly reduced, it equals one big benefit for the organization as a whole — more profit.
Industry ExpertiseEAM/CMMS software is an excellent option for any organization in asset-intensive industries, but Maintenance Connection is specialized for use by healthcare, large facilities, municipalities, warehouses, energy, travel and other asset-focused industries.
- Work Order Management: This solution lets users create, designate and track work orders. Administrators can assign them to individual technicians and schedule them for specific dates if there is a backlog of work to be completed.
- Asset Management: The drag-and-drop interface offers users an intuitive way to create, search and edit asset profiles. They can be ordered via hierarchy, location, operational status and more for easy searching and cataloging.
- Preventive/Predictive Maintenance: Users can create both preventive or predictive maintenance plans to schedule and perform maintenance tasks. Configurable notification settings can be used to alert technicians or administrators when repetitive maintenance tasks are due and deliver the associated work order into the queue of work.
- Inventory Management: Whether the inventory is spare parts, raw materials or a finished product ready for distribution, this platform facilitates automated inventory management. Some of the capabilities of this module include barcode generation, cost tracking, part categorization, min-max value reordering and text notifications when stock reaches minimum levels.
- Calibration Management: For users in industries that utilize heavy equipment to perform delicate tasks like weighing, measuring, detecting pressure, etc., it’s crucial to conduct regular calibration of these instruments to ensure they are accurate. CMMS with calibration management modules automate parts of this process, including storage of historical data, planning and scheduling work on the instruments, report generation, certificates that reduce errors and overall improved operation of this process.
- Reporting: Depending on their needs, many users won’t need to purchase a separate business intelligence module since this platform provides statistical reports in the form of 150 pre-built designs and a range of customizable formats to give users insight into their operations.
Some of the product limitations include:
- Doesn’t support dispatch management
- The solution provides limited options for creating ad-hoc or custom reports
- Printing a task list in a readable format can be difficult
- The solution is comparatively complex and involves a steep learning curve
Maintenance Connection Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail:Email: Users can get support by emailing [email protected]
phonePhone:Phone: Users can call support from Monday through Friday between 6:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. PST at 888-567-3434.
schoolTraining:Training: Maintenance Connection offers a range of training options for different experience levels. Upfront training involves implementation steps and an introduction to the various modules of the software to get an organization up and running with the new CMMS. Continued learning offers training that builds on that foundation through annual group conference checkpoints, Maintenance Connection University Online Learning courses and live client training sessions that can take place on-site or remotely. For users looking for even more training, there are add-on training packages for administrators, technicians and system audits available.
local_offerTickets:Tickets: To submit a support ticket, users should login to their Maintenance Connection User Connect portal. For non-urgent issues, users can browse solutions suggested by the portal that may solve their problem. For urgent matters, they can generate a ticket and expect a response from the experienced support team.
Cost of Ownership for Maintenance Connection
|License/Subscription Cost||Pricing for both on-premise and cloud-based deployment depends on the number of named users|
Both plans include named user licensing, a limited use license option and unlimited service requestors
|Maintenance Cost||For both types of deployment, maintenance is included in the subscription/licensing cost as part of the annual support agreement|
Provides support through MC User Connect portal
Offers support via call, email and chat with the support team
Support team includes both Solution Engineers covering general questions (1st level) and specialized groups (2nd level) for more challenging topics
Cloud-based deployment has no upfront costs
Implementation cost is over and above the subscription cost for on-premise deployment
Provides implementation services via six-step strategy. This includes:
|Customization Cost||For both types of deployment, cost varies based on the functional requirements selected as add-ons|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost|
Cost is over and above the subscription cost
Provides data migration experts to coordinate a smooth database transformation and to ensure all assets and preventive maintenance systems (PMs) are configured and accurate
Experts review existing data sources, map data to the system, configure data standards and import data from standard templates
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||Cost is equivalent to the monthly subscription fee, pricing plan, customization cost and training services chosen|