What is IFS EAM?
Industry Specialties: Aerospace, energy, defense, utilities, engineering, resources, infrastructure, construction, service and manufacturing.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of IFS EAM
- Manage Assets Strategically: Manage assets from purchasing to end-of-life. Accurately predict asset ROI and extend asset lifespan to get the most return out of every asset.
- Optimize Operational Efficiency: Cut both direct and indirect costs, as well as reduce the loss of revenue from unplanned downtime via work order management, asset monitoring and financial planning.
- Streamline Work Orders: Streamline the work order process from the time a new request opens to its completion. Assign to individual technicians and lock with role-based security protocols so only the admin-level can close them.
- Consolidate Vehicle Management: Make configuration and fleet management easier and more efficient by performing tasks within the same interface as maintenance tasks.
- Improve Regulatory Compliance: Detailed asset profiles and extensive maintenance records help protect from liability and easily prepare for audits.
- Manage MRO Tasks: Perform a variety of maintenance, repair, overhaul (MRO) tasks from the interface, reducing the need for additional solutions and jumping between systems to perform simple functions.
- Glean Insights: Analyze business data and perform a range of prebuilt analysis models to make better decisions based on metrics and models.
Industry ExpertiseIFS supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide in industries that include aerospace, defense, energy, utilities, resources, engineering, infrastructure, construction, manufacturing and service.
- Plant Engineering: Captures early stage costs and stores asset data to accurately record vital information for audit trails, maintenance operations and more.
- Document Management:Records and manages changing asset specifications such as maintenance records, meter readings and more. Also manages all contractor interactions directly through the app, including cost analysis, external engineering, maintenance contractors and construction contracts.
- Maintenance Management: Offers organization maintenance and a range of maintenance tasks including preparation, fault reporting, execution and final reporting.
- Inventory Management: Tracks inventory metrics such as spare parts or small equipment. Notes the number of materials in stock and displays detailed information on each item, such as model number and type, and sends notifications if supplies need to be reordered.
- Fleet Management: Offers serialized parts control, preventive maintenance, operational planning and modification management to streamline the fleet management process.
- MRO: Supports a range of maintenance, repair, overhaul (MRO) tasks, including quotation handling, configuration management and maintenance execution. Also offers warranty handling, cost tracking, supply chain logistics and invoicing.
- Materials Management: Place purchase orders, source materials through the RFQ process, monitor and compare vendor progress against order terms, and manage tracking and receipt of goods delivered.
- Business Intelligence: BI reports and models are accessible through the Microsoft Suite, IFS Lobby and many other popular reporting and analysis tools.
- Facilities Management: Aids facility planning and maintenance tasks such as automatically shutting off lights, monitoring meter usage and remotely setting HVAC controls.
LimitationsThese limitations, based on user feedback, are accurate at the time of this review:
- Doesn’t provide scope for customization.
- Limited set of inbuilt standard report formats.
- Lengthy implementation time.
- Limited functionality for field service and mobile workforce support.
- Doesn’t support requirement management.
IFS offers gold, platinum and custom support tiers based on the subscription plan purchased.
Cost of Ownership
|License/Subscription Cost||Both license and subscription-based pricing: per module, per user, per month|
Included in the subscription fee
Maintenance scheduling, work orders and other functionality necessary for reliability-centered maintenance are also included in the subscription fee
|Installation/Implementation Cost||Cost is over and above the subscription cost based on organizational requirements|
|Customization Cost||Cost varies depending on the applications and modules added, such as an EAM solution with human resources, purchasing, risk management, finance and document management|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Cost varies depending on the amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the current and new system|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||Cost is included in the monthly or annual subscription fee, plus the customization cost, implementation cost and additional support services|
IFS EAM Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Based on 115 reviews: