What is Yellowfin BI?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Yellowfin BI is an integrated platform that helps users transform their business through data by combining automated data analysis, interactive dashboards and storytelling. It also enables intuitive filtering of large amounts of data in real time. It facilitates organization-wide understanding through data sharing and collaborative action. It has a customizable architecture and has the ability to add an organization’s branding, such as its logo.
It offers either enterprise or embedded analytics and is deployable in the cloud or on-premise.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Yellowfin BI?
Key differentiators & advantages of Yellowfin BI
- End-to-End BI Stack: Its complete BI suite provides solutions to multiple data analytics problems. Businesses are equipped with critical tools such as automated insights, action-based dashboards and collaborative BI tools. Its robust enterprise governance tool allows businesses to integrate their platform with existing security features.
- Convenient Adoption: Its single, integrated platform is user-friendly and easy to adopt. It is deployable either on the cloud or on-premise.
- Engaging Data Stories: Users can share their data insights with dynamic, compelling reports and storyboards.
- Data Transparency: Yellowfin BI can present data in multiple ways and assimilate into business operations. It's built with various dashboards, including analytical, operational and strategic setups, that link interactive data, allowing users to understand information in real time and allow for the monitoring of crucial metrics. It also ensures data accuracy and can create timelines.
- Automated Insights: It combines machine learning with human insights to make use of the company’s data effectively. Its algorithms automatically scan through the company’s data and provide strategically relevant results.
- Explore Data With Ease: Its smart visualizations enable easy data discovery and exploration. It has over 50 chart types built-in, which helps users understand their businesses better. It also helps in spotting patterns, trends and outliers.
- Open Source Freedom: As a 100% open platform, it has no proprietary lock-in, which allows analysts to use their existing skills and knowledge to develop their own capabilities within the platform. It is open-source in nature, which makes the Yellowfin Marketplace, a digital catalog of many free or low-cost plug-ins, extend the suite’s capabilities even further.
- Scalability: It offers a scalable architecture that can adapt according to the growth of a business. Users can scale their data usage, without compromising on performance aspects.
Yellowfin BI is targeted at companies of different sizes in a variety of industries, including those in healthcare, finance, media as well as marketing or sales within an organization.
- Automated Data Monitoring: Yellowfin Signals provides machine-based automated monitoring of live data. It highlights anomalies and data outliers, and its proactive warning systems keep business owners informed of changes as they happen and deliver insights faster.
- Data Storytelling: Yellowfin Stories and Yellowfin Present help users create data stories and presentations that add context to numbers. These presentations enable clear and concise understanding throughout the organization with accessible insights sourced from one centralized, automatically refreshed database. Data stories can be authored in blog format and supplemented with external media and attachments.
- Connectivity to Various Data Sources: It facilitates connection with numerous data sources, including Web APIs, spreadsheets and relational databases as either on-premise or hosted in the cloud. Data is then transformed and merged so that it is accessible by any analytics platform without proprietary lockouts.
- Data Analysis: It helps businesses accelerate the analysis of large chunks of data using databases, spreadsheets or online applications.
- Data Discovery: The Insight Wizard feature is a unique inclusion that helps users cut down on discovery times with the help of assisted insights. It comes packed with features that provide automated answers with the use of algorithms.
- Dashboards: Its customizable, interactive dashboards enable users to keep track of key performance indicators in real time. They drive action and let users make data-driven decisions for their companies. They can be customized with the company’s branding and their open-source code lets users create their own application experience.
- Embeddable Workflows: Out-of-the-box, Yellowfin action buttons allow users to integrate workflows to third-party applications, or develop their own custom workflows that allow users to take direct action from their dashboards.
- Mobile App: It comes with a mobile application that helps users track changes to their data on-the-go. The app is curated for a mobile-specific experience, which allows users to track changes and respond to them from internet-enabled devices.
Yellowfin BI Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: Customers can email [email protected], which will create a private ticket.
phonePhone: Phone queries can be directed to (844) 424-5678 in North America, with phone support also available during normal office hours in the U.K., Asia Pacific and Japan.
schoolTraining: Yellowfin offers an online resource called Yellowfin University that features step-by-step tutorials, training paths and workflows to learn how to use its BI suite. They also have a community forum where users can join discussions and get answers along with a library of other online resources, webinars and supporting downloadable documentation for the platform.
local_offerTickets: Users can submit private tickets through the Yellowfin Community page or via email as mentioned above.