What is ThoughtSpot?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
ThoughtSpot offers analytics and insight capabilities to industries seeking a deeper understanding of their proprietary data in order to make data-driven business decisions. It focuses on giving nontechnical users access to processing and analytics.
This system brings the ease of a search function to enterprise-scale data analysis. It offers a powerful search engine integrated with in-memory computing for a consumer-class UI.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use ThoughtSpot?
Key differentiators & advantages of ThoughtSpot
- Ease of Use: Analytics are made available to even nontechnical users through search-engine style natural language querying and intuitive, descriptive dashboards and visualization recommendations. Mobile support means these features are accessible from most devices of choice and comfort. More sophisticated BI knowledge is required on implementation, but allows for more general use after setup.
- Data Security: Access to data is restricted by granular user privileges, keeping your data safe from hacking and accidental leakage. The system easily integrates with other single-sign-on solutions and offers native support for company directories to make onboarding easy.
- System Monitoring: Pre-built administrative dashboards offer total visibility into the health of the system, including real-time and triggered alerts. Administrators can set to receive these alerts on mobile devices or via email to stay in the loop at all times.
- Collaboration: The one-click sharing feature facilitates collaboration within the organization or with clients. Users can share graphics, communicate about trends and discuss data models in real time.
ThoughtSpot was founded in 2012 by a team with previous experience at Google, Oracle, Yahoo, Microsoft and other Silicon Valley giants. The data analysis solution serves a range of industries who need to analyze proprietary business data and use it to draw insights into their business. Some of these industries include retail, e-commerce, the financial sector, manufacturing and logistics, media and communications, government, healthcare and life sciences.
- Data Connectors: Users can draw data from a range of data sources via native connectors or by leveraging an existing ETL solution. The system can load large datasets at up to 1TB/hour.
- Embeddability: It can be deployed as a stand-alone platform or embedded into another business software application, such as CRMs or ERPs. This allows users to draw data and interact with it without switching interfaces to a separate login page.
- Distributed Cluster Manager: Administrators can optimize workload distribution and scale it as the organization grows. The solution offers built-in replication features, data redundancy assurances, as well as automated backups and node failovers to retain data and system usability even if the server fails.
- Visualization Suggestions: Once a user has selected data to visualize, the solution offers suggestions for the best-fit visualizations based on data characteristics. This helps guide non-technical users to create intuitive graphics that help communicate patterns and draw insights.
- Automatic Search Index: As users search, the system indexes search history and data, then caches it for easier search performance. It also provides search suggestions based on each character a user types into the search feature.
- In-Memory Engine: All calculations are performed in-engine. It can automatically parallel search queries in order to retrieve results across various sources and records almost instantaneously. Query performance is assured through built-in search result caches, and data is intelligently organized based on table size and schema for efficient data exploration and retrieval.
- Search Inspector: This tool explains how search terms are transformed into queries, offering more transparency into the data exploration process.
- Real-Time Calculations: Answers are calculated in real time as users type search queries. The system automatically joins, aggregates, filters and groups data into analytical results, reducing the wait for insights.
- Drill-Down: Users can drill up or down across a data model without pre-defining drill paths. This lets them get a micro or macro view of data on an as-needed basis.
- Reusable Templates: The platform offers pre-built templates for data worksheets; once a data model has been created and saved, it is easy to recreate it for recurring reporting needs.
ThoughtSpot Suite Support
ThoughtSpot offers a variety of training and support options. More sophisticated support is hidden behind the login for its Support Portal on the vendor's website.
mail_outlineEmail: Users can submit email support requests to [email protected] They can also live chat with a representative during business hours Monday – Friday.
phonePhone: Phone support can be reached at 1-800-508-7008 by customers in the U.S.
schoolTraining: Users have access to a large resource library that includes analyst reports, webinars, white papers, case studies, data sheets, demo videos, documentation and an interactive community. Most of these are free to subscribers and the public alike. Subscribers can access one free “Meet a Pro” session in which a developer answers individual questions in a live video meeting. After the first session, this resource comes with a fee.
local_offerTickets: Support tickets are submitted through the user portal and can be sent 24/7.
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
User Sentiment i
Based on 276 reviews: