What is Sisense?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Sisense
- Brings Intelligence to Every User: Sisense aims to empower every user with data literacy via access to an intuitive data workflow. Through the platform that delivers self-service BI, users can connect, mash, blend and analyze data in a user-friendly, visual framework that is easy to manipulate.
- Optimizes Data Prep: Through single-stack technology, the system eliminates barriers between analysts and the data they need to reach answers. The platform reduces the time needed for data prep and cleans data within the interface without changing any of the original data in its source. This provides error-free analysis and better quality assurance. This end-to-end BI system includes everything from a database to ETL to analysis to visualizations within a single architecture.
- Delivers Analysis Quickly: Through its proprietary AI-powered in-chip technology, Sisense can perform thousands of queries on massive amounts of data and return results at faster speeds than in-memory processing, allowing for more efficient decision making.
- Keeps Data Secure: Advanced machine learning detects anomalies in the data and sends alerts instantly. Managers can set role-based access restrictions, safeguarding sensitive data from users who shouldn’t have access to it, as well as offering them oversight and transparency. Data security is scalable and offers protocols at the process level, system level, object level and data level to ensure tight security. The solution also comes with built-in recovery and audit strategies to prevent data loss as well as protect the organization’s audit trails.
- Uncovers Actionable Insights: By analyzing data trends and identifying patterns, users can make predictions and business decisions based on facts. This can improve business practices, reduce oversight errors, boost ROI and streamline general business efficiency. Smart suggestions guide users to best-match visualization, uncover patterns and highlight trends in data. The system builds narratives that facilitate deeper interaction with data, acting as a digital assistant analyst at the users’ beck and call.
- Promotes Collaboration: Users can share reports and make comments on them to collaborate on insights, KPIs and goals. All this happens through a secure network, ensuring data security compliance.
- Offers Customization: An open API framework lets users customize the platform to meet their needs so they’re only paying for features they’ll use and getting exactly what they want out of a BI tool.
- Scalable: The modern, agile platform can be adapted to users’ needs. Priced to minimize costs and grow with businesses, it is able to scale to tens of thousands of users and terabytes of data and its in-chip machine learning technology can power complex analysis without complicated infrastructure.
- Provides Insights On-the-Go: Users can stay connected to the data that fuels business decisions even while they’re on the move. They can access dashboards on any device and elect to receive notifications and real-time updates.
- Try Before You Buy: Sisense provides a full proof of concept based on an interested buyer’s own data in 90 minutes to demonstrate the capabilities of its platform. Users can also access a 14-day free trial to test the solution themselves, or watch various demos of the product in action.
Industry ExpertiseAny organization that is interested in collecting data on their operations and gleaning insights into best practices can benefit from implementing business intelligence software. However, Sisense specializes in enterprise, government, supply chain, healthcare, manufacturing, software, retail, marketing and hospitality.
- In-Chip Analytics: An alternative to in-memory processing, this feature combines a columnar database and smart algorithms in an in-chip cache and a combination of either disk or RAM, rather than solely disk or RAM. This frees up processing power for other tasks, improves the speed of processing and reduces downtime caused by overworked RAM or disks.
- Data Connectivity: With hundreds of built-in connectors, Sisense can draw from many different data sources and formats. Users can drag and drop to import from databases and spreadsheets. The solution also has built-in integration with cloud applications such as Zendesk and Salesforce, allowing it to draw directly from CRMs or embed the BI interface into the CRM, providing versatility in workflow options.
- Data Blending: Users can blend huge datasets from a range of sources instantly into one centralized location with this solution, allowing for a holistic view of all their data. Users can then perform slicing, dicing and exploration of data in a simple, accessible interface.
- Data Visualizations: Once users have analyzed their data, this BI tool organizes it into easy-to-understand visualizations like bar charts, scattergrams, pie charts, line graphs, interactive maps, etc. Users can access the rich library of prebuilt graphics and widgets or access open source designs, all easily manipulatable from within an intuitive UI.
- Interactive Dashboards: With drag-and-drop ease, users can build interactive dashboards that encourage readers to dig deeper into their data. Users can build widgets and filters and leverage AI-assisted exploration and automatic analysis to provide further insight.
- Real-Time Insights: Users can set up and maintain live connections to data and monitor their dashboards in real time. Users can establish push notification alerts to receive automatic updates when changes to KPIs occur.
- Single-Stack System: The system’s architecture lets users perform a range of data preparation tasks, such as exploration, analysis, visualization and collaboration, without jumping to other platforms.
- Publish and Share: Web-based dashboards enable everyone in an organization to access and filter information. One click publishes the dashboard and opens it to the entire company for easy access without needing to download files.
- Augmented Intelligence: Sisense Pulse, powered by machine learning algorithms, offers data visibility by continually monitoring KPIs for users and alerting them proactively when it detects anomalies and variations. It automates previously manual tasks and data-driven workflows, personalizes the BI experience with a tailored command center and delivers a dynamically updated feed that keeps users up to date.
- Embedded Analytics: With a white label solution in Product Teams, Sisense users can turn data into data products that deliver BI to their clients.
- R Integration: Users with fluency in R programming can use Sisense to perform predictive analytics and access better BI reporting and decision-making.
- Add-Ons: From the marketplace, users can download and equip any number of free and premium native and third party extensions that extend the functionality of the platform.
- Natural Language Processing: With Sisense Narratives, users of all data literacy levels can derive the full value of their insights through natural language generation. The AI generates text-based insights in everyday language that simplify the complexities of data analysis for accessibility and easier understanding.
- Mobile BI: With a native app for iOS and Android, users can access their BI on-the-go directly from their phones with responsive dashboards optimized for mobile devices with touchscreen integration. Alternatively, users can access the platform through a browser-based experience, no downloads or installation required, from any laptop, tablets or smartphone.
- Does not support predictive modeling and analysis
- Dashboards do not support advanced visualizations such as 3-D graphics
- UI of the mobile app is not user friendly
- Does not work well with complex and huge data sets
- Does not offer scheduled reports that can be sent via email so that users can consume reports outside of the online dashboard
Sisense Suite Support
Sisense regularly offers training events both virtual and in-person, available via registration fee or coupon voucher. Many third-party partners also offer training and certification courses for the platform.
Cost of Ownership for Sisense
|License/Subscription Cost||Annual license cost is based on tiers depending on the number of users. The first tier allows up to 10 users (Basic). The second tier (Business) supports up to 50 users, and the third tier (Business+) supports an unlimited number of users|
There are no additional costs for training or to maintain the software
For each pricing plan, there are free levels of support
|Installation/Implementation Cost||The solution can be implemented in a short span of time as there are no additional hardware or servers to set up|
|Customization Cost||Dependent on functional requirements and specific needs of the organization|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||Renewal cost is equivalent to the fees paid annually|
The following reviews for Sisense are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms.