What is Sisense?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Sisense
- Brings Intelligence to Every User: Empower every user with data literacy via access to an intuitive data workflow. Leverage self-service BI to connect, mash up, blend and analyze data in a user-friendly, visual framework that is easy to manipulate.
- Optimizes Data Prep: Eliminate barriers between analysts and the data they need to reach answers through single-stack technology. Reduce the time needed for data prep and clean data within the interface without changing any of the original data in its source. Perform error-free analysis with better quality assurance. Incorporate everything from a database to ETL to analysis to visualizations within a single architecture in an end-to-end BI system.
- Delivers Analysis Quickly: Through its proprietary AI-powered in-chip technology, perform thousands of queries on massive amounts of data and return results at faster speeds with in-memory processing, allowing for more efficient decision making.
- Keeps Data Secure: Leverage advanced machine learning, detect anomalies in the data and send alerts instantly. Set role-based access restrictions, safeguard sensitive data from users who shouldn’t have access to it, and maintain greater oversight and transparency. Offer scalable data security protocols at the process level, system level, object level and data level to ensure tight security. Incorporate built-in recovery and audit strategies to prevent data loss as well as protect the organization’s audit trails.
- Uncovers Actionable Insights: Make predictions and business decisions based on facts by analyzing data trends and identifying patterns. Improve business practices, reduce oversight errors, boost ROI and streamline general business efficiency. Utilize smart suggestions to best-match visualizations, uncover patterns and highlight trends in data. Build narratives that facilitate deeper interaction with data, and keep a digital assistant analyst at the ready.
- Promotes Collaboration: Collaborate with others to share reports and insights on KPIs and goals, while ensuring data security compliance by keeping users on a secure network.
- Offers Customization: Customize the platform to meet users’ needs via an open API framework. Only pay for features they’ll use and get exactly what they want out of a BI tool.
- Scalable: Agilely adapt to users’ needs. Minimize costs via reasonable pricing and grow with business. Scale to tens of thousands of users and terabytes of data, while powering complex analysis with in-chip machine learning technology.
- Provides Insights On-the-Go: Stay connected to data that fuels business decisions even while on the move. Access dashboards on any device and elect to receive notifications and real-time updates.
- Try Before You Buy: Test it hands-on through a 14-day free trial.
- In-Chip Analytics: Free up processing power for other tasks, improve the speed of processing and reduce downtime caused by overworked RAM or disks. Combine a columnar database with smart algorithms in an in-chip cache. Choose between either disk or RAM, rather than solely disk or RAM, as an alternative to in-memory processing.
- Data Connectivity: Draw from many different data sources and formats with hundreds of built-in connectors with cloud applications such as Zendesk and Salesforce. Drag and drop to import from databases and spreadsheets. Pull directly from CRMs or embed the BI interface into the CRM, providing versatility in workflow options.
- Data Blending: Blend huge datasets from a range of sources instantly into one centralized location, and receive a holistic view of all data. Investigate further through slicing, dicing and exploration of data via a simple, accessible interface.
- Data Visualizations: Organize user data into easy-to-understand visualizations like bar charts, scattergrams, pie charts, line graphs, interactive maps, etc. Access a rich library of prebuilt graphics and widgets or open source designs, and easily manipulate them from within an intuitive UI.
- Interactive Dashboards: Drag-and-drop to build interactive dashboards that encourage deeper data exploration. Help users to build widgets and filters, and leverage AI-assisted exploration and automatic analysis to provide further insight.
- Real-Time Insights: Set up and maintain live connections to data and monitor dashboards in real time. Establish push notification alerts to receive automatic updates when changes to KPIs occur.
- Single-Stack System: Perform a range of data preparation tasks, such as exploration, analysis, visualization and collaboration, without needing to switch to other platforms.
- Publish and Share: Enable everyone in an organization to access and filter information with web-based dashboards. Publish a dashboard with one click and open it to the entire company for easy access without needing to download files.
- Augmented Intelligence: Leverage Sisense Pulse, powered by machine learning algorithms, to continually monitor KPIs and receive proactive alerts when anomalies and variations are detected. Automate previously manual tasks and data-driven workflows, personalize the BI experience with a tailored command center and deliver a dynamically updated feed that keeps users up to date.
- Embedded Analytics: Turn data into data products that deliver BI to clients with a white label solution in Product Teams.
- R Integration: Perform predictive analysis and access better BI reporting and decision-making through R programming language.
- Add-Ons: Extend the functionality of the platform by downloading and equipping any number of free and premium native and third party extensions from the marketplace.
- Natural Language Processing: Empower users of all data literacy levels to derive the full value of their insights through natural language generation with Sisense Narratives. Simplify into everyday language the complexities of data analysis for accessibility and easier understanding through AI-generated text-based insights.
- Mobile BI: Access BI on-the-go directly from iOS and Android phones with a native app that renders mobile-optimized responsive dashboards with touchscreen integration. Alternatively, access the platform through a browser from any laptop, tablet or smartphone, no downloads or installation required.
- Doesn't support predictive modeling and analysis
- Dashboards don't support advanced visualizations such as 3-D graphics
- UI of the mobile app isn't user friendly
- Doesn't work well with complex and huge data sets
- Doesn't offer scheduled reports that can be sent via email so that users can consume reports outside of the online dashboard
Sisense regularly offers training events both virtual and in-person, available via registration fee or coupon voucher. Many third-party partners also offer training and certification courses for the platform.
Cost of Ownership
|License/Subscription Cost||Annual license cost is based on tiers depending on the number of users. The first tier allows up to 10 users (Basic). The second tier (Business) supports up to 50 users, and the third tier (Business+) supports an unlimited number of users|
There are no additional costs for training or to maintain the software
For each pricing plan, there are free levels of support
|Installation/Implementation Cost||The solution can be implemented in a short span of time as there are no additional hardware or servers to set up|
|Customization Cost||Dependent on functional requirements and specific needs of the organization|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system|
|Recurring/Renewal Costs||Renewal cost is equivalent to the fees paid annually|
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Users appreciate how Sisense creates large datasets from constantly evolving data sources to be seamlessly streamlined into actionable data, and presented easily in the form of graphs, bar and pie charts, scattergrams, line graphs, interactive maps and many more visualization types. Regarding customer support, users praise their prompt and informative responses - from implementation to handling subsequent queries — as high quality customer service that comes neatly packaged with pricing plans.
Overall, Sisense is a strong BI solution with strong data capabilities, and its drill-down functionality empowers users to glean insightful and actionable analytics that drive business strategy by aiding in decision-making processes. To maximize its potential, businesses may require strong IT support for implementation and formatting of visualizations. It is certainly worth considering for enterprise BI needs, if the price is right!
Based on 929 reviews:
Emily Arent, Sisense's Customer Advocacy Lead makes the difference when it comes to giving users what they want. Voted a User Favorite based on 929 reviews, Emily and the product team at Sisense have put out another great version of the software which we consider best-in-class for cutting-edge Augmented Analytics, as well as Data Visualization, Reporting, Data Querying and Connectivity.