What is Sisense For Cloud Data Teams?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries.
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Sisense For Cloud Data Teams
- Transforms Data Fast: Perform timely data querying and large-scale data ingestion for any volume of workload, through the analytics warehouse integration. Plug the data engine directly into cloud databases and optimize raw data by bypassing steps of the ETL process. Enable hassle-free data import via proprietary data caching technology
- Centralized Data Warehouse: Creates a single source of truth by ingesting and storing data where it’s analyzed, speeding up analytics processes.
- Ease of Use: Explore data and visualize trends through simple search query language, rather than via coding or modeling, making it an accessible solution for users of all technical skill levels.
- Stats at a Glance: Understand and parse the results of data queries through Summary Statistics, without needing to write more SQL while exploring data and building models.
- Reusable Analysis: Save time by storing frequently used in-house codes for swift collaboration without needing to start new queries from scratch.
- Collaborative Insights: Enable collaboration between analysts and decision-makers through programming and self-service analytics combined. Hand off data analysis between teams, then publish and share insights with others via direct linking, password-protected links, email or Slack.
- Self-Service BI: Pinpoint important data points in minutes, with reusable formulas and ad hoc analysis modeling that query data and return answers in real time.
- R, Python and SQL On One Platform: Develop more advanced analytics processes with any programming language, with support for SQL, Python and R all in the same environment. Integrate open-source programming and formulas from other packages or libraries.
- Scalability: Incorporate more complex datasets, higher volumes of data, more users and more, as the solution grows with the company.
- Security: Have confidence in data security, with a cloud security infrastructure that upholds industry wide best practices and standards. Encrypt all traffic between users’ web browsers and Sisense’s servers, and for additional user-level security, manage data permissions, TFA and single sign-on functionality.
- Native Data Connectors: Blend data together into a single accessible database via an ecosystem of native data connectors and ETL partners.
- Cloud Data Pipelines: Control when and how often data is refreshed and what the flow of information looks like. Gain visibility and control over data pipelines with a flexible, low maintenance solution.
- Data Discovery: Directly access CSVs and data sets curated by analysts and interact with these insights through a drag-and-drop interface that does not require fluency in SQL.
- Git Integration: Grant developers complete control over their analytics environment through Git integration, sophisticated version control, release management workflows as well as file-level access to all user-generated content, like reports. Create, edit, sync and delete all settings through Git.
- Model-as-You-Go: Perform ad-hoc analysis to answer crucial questions at the click of a button by generating custom, on-the-fly data models.
- Data Visualization: Create and share advanced, highly customizable data visualizations, including scatter plots, bar charts, bubble charts, bullet charts, funnel charts, waterfall charts, control charts, Gantt charts, radial bar charts and more.
- SQL Editor Tools: Shorten the amount of time necessary to go from query to answer with powerful SQL writing tools, such as query revision history, views, filters, autocomplete suggestions, formatting and more.
- Learn SQL: Experiment with SQL programming language and data querying via drag-and-drop fields and see how the results change. Encourage users who aren’t fluent in SQL to become more familiar with it.
- Code Library: Reduce repetitive data entry tasks and save time for subsequent report generation. Store frequently used code in a common library via Snippets for easy access later.
- Spaces: Manage data-level permissions to gate and restrict access to sensitive data and customize dashboards on a per-organization basis.
- Share and Embed: Share dashboards via password-protection enabled public URLs or embedding inside other web applications or web portals. Download dashboards as static PDF images for uses such as email distribution.
Sisense For Cloud Data Teams Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Synopsis of User Ratings and Reviews
Based on an aggregate of reviews taken from the sources above, the following pros & cons have been curated by a SelectHub Market Analyst.
Sisense for Cloud Data Teams is a powerful BI tool that excels in the hands of data analysts with coding knowledge. These analysts will be able to model, manage, prepare, manipulate and analyze data with ease. As the platform supports SQL, Python and R programming languages, the sky's the limit when it comes to extensibility, development and coding support. The platform allows for strong collaboration within an organization, designed to alleviate the time-consuming burden of reporting and data visualization on IT teams while allowing business users to access insights on their own time. Most of the features are built around making the analytics team’s job easier, with reusable code, built-in collaboration and more. The support team earned universal praise from users who contacted them, citing their swift, in-depth and informative answers as immensely helpful in resolving any issues they had with the solution. In addition to hands-on support, a speedy implementation process ensures that customers can get the platform up and running in no time.
We found that users’ opinions of the platform’s functionality and ease of use differed significantly based on their own roles; analysts generally praised its robust data visualization and data querying features, while decision-makers often found it hard to use, due to the SQL language barrier. SQL is necessary for most functions, and even though there is a visual query editor that attempts to make SQL more accessible, some users said that the platform doesn’t do enough in this regard. Overall, users did agree that the tool makes it easy to collaborate with each other to bridge that gap, with most of the analytics being done on the technical end, letting business users simply access those results. Still, it’s difficult to accurately call Sisense for Cloud Data Teams a self-service analytics tool, as it requires an IT or analyst team’s involvement to truly shine. Additionally, the cost can be prohibitive to smaller businesses.
Overall, Sisense for Cloud Data Teams can be extremely powerful in the right hands - for those who know SQL and how to use it, it’s a dream for querying data and delivering analytics, but for those who don’t have the necessary IT resources, it could prove difficult to fully maximize the value of this data solution.
Based on 136 reviews: