What is SAS Visual Analytics?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of SAS Visual Analytics
- Easily Create Models and Explore Data: As a self-service BI, the solution makes it easy for users to interact with and prepare data for analysis or visualization. Built on proven techniques, the models that users can build are stable, accurate and easy to create. This helps users present diverse datasets in a unified format that is easy to interpret.
- Discover Data Relationships and Patterns: Through algorithms and pre-defined related measures, the solution helps users identify patterns in the data. Then it uses machine learning to visualize narratives from the data, making these relationships easy to see and understand.
- Visualize Data in Intuitive Graphics: The solution displays discovered trends in the form of intuitive graphics, reports and dashboards, making them easier to explain, share and understand. This includes geographical data displayed on interactive maps.
- Glean Data-Based Insights: The solution helps users identify patterns, trends or important points in their data. This can help them gain insights and understand their business more thoroughly. They can answer specific business questions, identify pain points in their workflows, highlight areas for improvement and forecast future results much more accurately, improving transparency into their business at every level.
- Perform Guided and Augmented Analysis: The system offers a variety of augmented or automated features that facilitate the data discovery and analysis processes. Augmented analytics automatically suggests the best-fit graphic for a given set of data to make it easy for users to identify trends. Automated explanation identifies potentially related groups of data based on pre-set factors, uncovering insights users might miss with the naked eye.
- Make Better Business Decisions: Users can take the insights they glean from data trends and patterns and apply them to forecasting, budgeting and other business planning. This helps them make data-driven business decisions based on historical information from their organization.
- Share and Collaborate: The system promotes collaboration on dashboards and makes it easy to share them with internal teams, clients, management and other key groups. Users can add comments to reports, create alerts for report objects to notify key members when a trigger factor is met, distribute PDF reports securely and restrict access to maintain the report’s integrity.
- Ad Hoc Reporting and Analysis: Users can run queries and perform analysis on data on demand without knowing code. They can creatively assemble reports from this data in real time as opposed to relying on a predesigned template.
- Predictive Analysis: The solution uses data mining, machine learning and predictive modeling to make predictions about future conditions based on historical data.
- Mobile Apps: SAS Visual Analytics is available for iOS, Android and Microsoft devices, and it offers native mobile apps with an optimized mobile interface. Users can interact with visualizations on the go, view previous reports, leave comments, capture screenshots and set mobile notifications.
- Interactive Discovery: This feature offers users the ability to identify outliers, clusters, relationships, trends, etc. by exploring data in a natural query-based way rather than through coding.
- Location Analytics: Users can lasso data points on a map through OpenStreetmap or Esri ArcGIS to select them for analysis. This feature offers point clustering, map pins, custom polygons and more to enrich demographic data.
- Trend Indicators: Trend indicators attempt to predict future movement of data points based on historical trends. The solution offers built-in trend indicators to help users identify which types of data to observe.
- Visualizations: A range of visualization options ensure users get what they need from data and can easily discover patterns. Some of these graphical options include bar graphs, pie charts, donut graphics, line graphs, scattergrams, heat maps, bubble maps, dot maps, needle graphics, numeric series, schedule charts, vectors, key value infographics and more.
- Scheduled Reporting: The system can be programmed to send reports at scheduled intervals or based on triggered events to ensure they are delivered regularly.
- Customizable Dashboard: The dashboard interface is customizable so users only have access to relevant tools, visualizations and data. These interactive dashboards make it easy for users of all technical skill levels to engage with data as well as collaborate with others on data visualizations.
- Embedded BI: The system can be embedded into web applications or other software solutions for a seamless interface and direct data draw. Users can also embed individual reports and dashboards using SAS SDK.
- According to Gartner, SAS Visual Analytics is one of the most difficult solutions to implement
- Lacks efficiency in data preparation and data management
- Requires manual work in forecasting
- Content creation is very difficult and time-consuming
- UI isn’t user-friendly and offers limited customization for plotting graphs
Cost of Ownership
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||
SAS Visual Analytics Reviews
Average customer reviews & user sentiment summary:
of users would recommend this product
Based on 99 reviews:
The product team lead by Robby Powell and Amy Peters is creating amazing BI software in the areas of Augmented Analytics, Advanced Analytics, Data Visualization, Reporting and Mobile BI. SelectHub analysts have awarded them with the Analyst's Pick award as Top 10 BI software this year.