What is SAP Business Objects?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries
BusinessObjects from SAP offers a variety of packages to fit businesses of all industries and sizes. It aims to reduce the cost of IT upkeep and increase responsiveness to business problems. It streamlines workloads and lets users share insights to make better business decisions.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use SAP Business Objects?
Key differentiators & advantages of SAP Business Objects
- Real-Time Analysis: Connects to a range of data sources, including other SAP applications, to deliver real-time data and up-to-the-minute updates so users are never behind the times.
- High-Volume Delivery: Distributes content over a large organization efficiently to ensure all users have real-time access to data, visualizations and collaboration at all moments.
- Extensive SAP Ecosystem: This solution integrates and connects seamlessly with other SAP tools through built-in APIs. This extends usability and draws data directly from a range of SAP systems.
- Self Service: Users of all technical levels can manipulate data, explore trends, create visualizations and share them with others without the need to wait for a data scientist to deliver insights.
- Enterprise-Grade: As one of the largest software providers in the world, SAP offers a robust solution that can handle the largest, most complex data sets for any size enterprise.Intuitive
- Visualizations: Users can create a variety of intuitive visualizations from their data. This makes patterns and trends more apparent and transfers information more efficiently than numbers or text reports.
- Better Business Decisions: Historical patterns and data tracking helps users identify trends and make accurate predictions for the future. This helps them make data-driven business decisions and implement proven best practices.
Industry ExpertiseSAP serves a huge and diverse customer base, but they specialize in energy, natural resources, financial services, consumer industries, public services, service industries and discrete industries.
- Native Mobile Apps: Take visualization features like charts, reports and more on the go with native iOS and Android apps.
- Pre-Built Data Connectors: Can draw data from over 25 pre-set sources such as SAP HANA, Apache, Hadoop, Hive, Cloudera, Impala, Amazon, IBM and many more.
- Integrations: Provides powerful integration capabilities with other applications such as CRM, ERP, web applications and more. This includes SAP tools and others like the Microsoft Suite.
- Data Discovery: Collects, cleans and analyzes data from a variety of sources to help users identify trends and patterns.
- Data Transformation: Converts data between formats and structures — organizes and structures unstructured data into usable information.
- Visualizations: Generates graphical data visualizations such as bar charts, pie graphs, scattergrams, line plots, maps and more.
- Secure Collaboration: Users can securely share visualizations with team members, clients and others through email, web embedding and other platforms.
- Some of the product limitations include:
- Requires a large number of hardware resources
- Recovery is not easy in case of failure
- Less flexible with newer formats of MS Office
- Requires a lot of internal IT support and maintenance
- Not flexible with data input methods or formats
- Limited data visualization capabilities
SAP BusinessObjects Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail: To request an email back, users should fill out the web form on the “contact us” tab at the right side of the website. They can also live chat with a representative.
phonePhone: Users can call support at 1-800-872-1727. They can also request a call back by selecting the “call me now” option on the “contact us” tab.
schoolTraining: SAP offers a vast online learning and enablement program offering various training programs. Some of these include openSAP, a free training resource, a learning hub, global certification courses, an education and course directory, and a learning framework. Visit the training section of their website to get in-depth training information.
local_offerTickets: To create and submit a ticket, users should go to the support portal page. Next, click on “view my launchpad” and select “find a solution/report an incident.” They should type in their query to see if the issue has been resolved somewhere in the knowledge base. If they cannot find a solution this way, they can click on “contact SAP support” to begin an incident report.
Users should enter their customer number and S-User ID. Make sure to include the following information in the request:
- State the issue or problem
- Provide the step by step explanation
- Include examples
- Identify Business Impact
- Attach full screenshots, not cropped images
Cost of Ownership for SAP BusinessObjects
|Customization Cost||Will vary depending on the functional requirements such as configurable dashboards, type of data elements required for tracking, complexity of workflows, etc|
|Data Migration Cost/Change Management/Upfront Switching Cost||Dependent on your current software, amount of data to be migrated, availability of migration tools, complexity of data and gaps between the existing system and the new system|
User Sentiment i
Based on 708 reviews: