What is Qlik Sense?
Industry Specialties: Healthcare, Financial, Retail, Manufacturing, Public Sector, Energy industries and more
Benefits and Insights
Key differentiators & advantages of Qlik Sense
- Create a Data Literate Workforce: The intuitive interface and associative engine offered by this business analytics platform make data exploration and analysis easy, improving your workforce’s confidence and literacy with data.
- Continually Improving Relevance: The associative engine uses machine learning to continuously update and learn from previous interactions between users and the software. This helps the system respond better and more quickly to queries each time it's used.
- Innovative Engine: Another benefit of the associative engine interface is the ability for users to perform free-form exploration and analysis on their data sets. This improves the likelihood of discovering unexpected insights and allows even the least tech-savvy employees to perform advanced data analysis.
- Data-Driven Decisions and Storytelling: Collaborate with other users and share insights directly within the Qlik platform. Users can move between data stories and live analysis to answer questions and make speedy, data-driven decisions.
- Draw Insights From Proprietary Data: This platform draws data from a range of sources so users can analyze it and draw insights into business operations and break practices.
Industry ExpertiseQlik Sense is beneficial to any organization that collects data to improve its business practices. Some of this product’s specialties include healthcare, retail, financial services, manufacturing, public sector, high tech, energy, communications, utilities, life sciences and consumer products.
- Data Exploration: All data relationships are indexed through the associative engine so that users can explore in all directions. Visualizations offer drill-down, allowing users to zoom out or dig deeper into data with simple scrolling or point-and-click actions.
- AI Recommendations: Artificial intelligence helps users find potential connections or patterns in and between data sets. It also offers recommended visualization types, so users get the most useful visualization possible to display their data.
- Centralized Hub: Users can search, share and collaborate on previously created visualizations within the solution.
- Open APIs: An open infrastructure allows users to embed and customize the software to meet their specific requirements.
- Intuitive Analytics and Visualizations: Through a range of interactive graphics, users can easily interpret and draw insights from complex data sets. Some examples of the visualization options this software offers are scattergrams, maps, bar graphs, pie charts and many more.
- Smart Search: Natural query language searches allow users to perform flexible, natural search functions to explore data sets.
- Does not provide built-in data security
- Does not offer powerful reporting functionality, and requires additional macros for better automation
- Does not provide drag-and-drop functionality
- Limited customization; does not allow users to build their own charts
- Contains limited visualization features that need to be upgraded; customization of visual objects is limited
- Does not support data governance capabilities
Qlik Sense Suite Support
Cost of Ownership for Qlik Sense
Cost may vary depending on the Qlik Sense Pricing plan selected:
On-Premise: Maintenance cost is over and above the upfront fee
Cloud-Based/SaaS: Maintenance cost is included in the service fees charged at the time of purchase
On-Premise: Included in the upfront cost/subscription cost
|Customization Cost||For both on-premise and cloud-based/SaaS, customization costs vary depending on the product and pricing tier chosen, and the level of customization requiredCosts will vary depending on the package selected|
On-Premise: Annual recurring fees to be paid over and above the upfront cost include annual renewal, upgrades and ongoing support
Cloud-Based/SaaS: A recurring monthly fee is charged, which typically includes maintenance, monitoring, upgrades, training and support
Qlik Sense Reviews
The following reviews for Qlik Sense are taken from the SelectHub ReviewFeed which collects and aggregates reviews from across a variety of online review platforms.