What is Periscope Data?
Industry Specialties: Serves all industries.Periscope Data offers a flexible, powerful analytics platform to data analysts and business users alike. It helps companies store, organize, analyze, visualize and generate reports about data from a single cohesive interface. Sisense added this system to their suite of offerings in June of 2019.
With this solution, users can transform SQL queries into interactive dashboards to consume data intuitively, regardless of experience. They can explore data and generate visualizations to answer critical business queries with no coding required.
Product Screenshots and Videos
Benefits and Insights
Why use Periscope Data?
Key differentiators & advantages of Periscope Data
- R, Python and SQL From One Platform: This solution offers Python, SQL and R so that users can perform complex data analysis in a fraction of the time. The system achieves this by transforming it in SQL, completing statistical analysis via R or Python, and then visualizing the results.
- Get Data Fast: The analytics warehouse integration helps data teams perform timely query performance and large-scale data ingestion for any volume of workload. The data engine optimizes data workflows by bypassing steps of the ETL process to deliver query responses fast.
- User Management API: The new standard RESTful API lets users perform Create, Read, Update and Deprovision actions. This makes it easy for administrators to automate provisioning and permissions for individual users and maintain role-based access to sensitive data.
- Simple SQL Interface: Users of all data literacy levels can access this platform. Users explore data and visualize trends through simple search query language rather than via coding or modeling, making it easy and accessible for all employees.
- Scalable: The product development for this solution is designed specifically to grow with you as you incorporate more complex datasets, higher volumes of data, more users, etc.
- Secure: This system promises to uphold a range of data security regulation compliance, including SSO, SOC2, 2FA, type 2 and HIPAA.
Industry ExpertisePeriscope serves a wide variety of customers, but some of their industry specialties include personnel management, software, technology, the financial sector and more.
- Data Discovery: Users have direct access to current data sets curated by analysts through the platform’s data discovery functionality. This lets non-technical users perform on-the-fly analytics without coding or fluency in SQL languages.
- Git Integration: Developers get complete control over their analytics environment through Git integration. It offers sophisticated version control, release management workflows as well as file-level access to user content like reports. All of this can be created, edited, synced and deleted through Git.
- Model-as-You-Go: The model-as-you-go feature lets users perform ad-hoc analysis to answer crucial questions at the click of a button by generating custom, on-the-fly reports.
- Native Data Connectors: This system offers an ecosystem of native data connectors and ETL partners that lets users blend data together into a single accessible database for use.
- SQL Editor: The solution can format, search revision history, offer users autocomplete suggestions and give universal syntax helpers that help them make the connection from query to answer quickly and easily.
- Code Library: Users can store frequently used code in a common library via Snippets for easy access later. This reduces repetitive data entry tasks and saves time for subsequent report generation.
Periscope Data Suite Support
mail_outlineEmail:Email: Users can submit their contact information and the nature of their issue through the contact page and the Periscope support team will reach out through email.
phonePhone: Users cannot call support directly.
schoolTraining: Users have access to a range of training materials, typically in the form of articles, videos, community forums and more. To access guided webinars, users must be subscribers or submit their contact info.
local_offerTickets: Users should always check out the Help Center resources like webinars, community forums, white papers and more. If they can’t find a solution there, they can live chat with support any time Monday – Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. PT to get in touch with a solutions engineer.